Location Address: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
- The professional Registered Nurse demonstrates autonomy by making sound judgements and critical decisions in clinical practice and determines for self and staff growth and development needs.
- Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/services appropriate to the age of patients served. Identifies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient. Possess the ability to assess data and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age specific needs. Provides the care/services needed as described in the policies and procedures for the following age groups:
- 3. The level of knowledge and skill are maintained through position specific criteria-based job performance standards and age specific competency assessments.
- 4. Adheres to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- 5. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and communicate patient care needs for the adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient.
- 6. Data collection concerning the health status of the patient is precise, continuous, accessible, readable, communicated and recorded.
- 7. Nursing diagnosis are utilized to reflect patient problems which are derived from data collection specific for the age of the patient.
- 8. The nursing care plan includes priorities, prescribed nursing approaches and measures to achieve goals derived from patient needs, and resolution of approaches and goals.
- 9. Encourages patients toward age specific independence via participation in recovery, education, and discharge planning.
- 10. The nursing care plan includes priorities, prescribed nursing approaches and measures to achieve goals derived from patient needs, and resolution of approaches and goals.
- 11. The patient, family and nurse identify progress in goal achievement and reassessment of outcomes.
- 12. Accepts accountability for professional standards, own competence, and patient outcomes.
- 13. Coordinates patient care and offers assistance to others.
- 14. Fosters the development of other team members by establishing and maintaining open communication and follow-up/support of patient care activities.
- 15. Directs team activities and demonstrates a positive attitude towards all customers: patients, families, employees, physicians, and students.
- 16. Participates in unit specific and multi-disciplinary Performance Improvement activities at the Hospital/Unit-based level.
- ADN, diploma and/or BSN and/or MSN.
- Excellent Organization and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Organizational Skills, ability to prioritize
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
- Current Basic Life Support.
The Team Leader supervises, coordinates and performs patient care delivery on assigned nursing unit and meets Standards of Nursing Care for assigned shift. Is responsible for coordinating and planning assigned shift activities to ensure standards of patient care are met. Acts as a clinical resource and role model.
Participates in conducting performance appraisals for personnel on assigned shift.