Registered Nurse Wound Ostomy AdventHealth Connerton
Location Address: 9441 Health Center Dr, Land O Lakes, FL 34637
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Connerton:
- Specialty hospital for medically complex patients
- Pulmonary and Vapotherm Center of Excellence
- Staff consists of all Registered Respiratory Therapist, 65% BSN or above RN’s, Current staff certifications include CCRN, PCCN, CNML, WCNC, NEA-BC, and RN-BC
- Onsite BSN completion program partnership with South University with staff discounted rate
- Simulation Lab and Clinical Transition Pilot Program
You Will Be Responsible For:
- The Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse assesses patient care needs associated with wound ostomy continence as evidenced by:
- Quarterly Pressure Ulcer Survey
- Completes comprehensive assessment of wound, ostomy patients
- Responds to physician and nursing request for consultation on patients pre and post ostomy, patients with skin breakdown, draining wounds, and urinary incontinence
- Conducts and documents assessments and suggested interventions
- The WOCN assesses educational needs of the nurse and potential educational needs across the organization through the review of annual nursing education survey and iteractions with nurses
- Assists staff in developing and maintaining competency in maintaining skin integrity
- Develops nursing diagnosis to meet the needs of wound, ostomy, incontinent patients.
- Differentiates between a variety of wounds, ostomy types, incontinence types.
What You Will Need:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Florida or Licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- BLS Instructor or obtain within 1 year of hire
- Board Certified in Wound, Ostomy Care (WOCN) or obtain within 6 months of hire
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing with BachelorsDegree in Nursing or related specialty area
- One or more years of nursing practice experience.
- One year of practice in which leadership and teaching competence has been demonstrated.
The WOCN serves as a care consultant and provider for patients with complex wound care needs and ostomy management. Accountable for collaborating with the health care team to define and communicate the expected patterns of care for this patient population. Provides leadership for education and research programs to support the advancement of wound and ostomy care and improvement of patient outcomes through implementation of evidenced based practice. Serves as a resource, leader, and role model for wound and ostomy care and functions as a liaison with the community, other health care professionals, and other disciplines regarding areas of wound and ostomy care.
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3).