Halifax Health is seeking a Registered Respiratory Therapist for the Respiratory Therapy Department in Deltona.
This Therapist will provide optimum respiratory care (excluding invasive procedures) for newborn, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients for the departments assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Florida professional license
- Critical Care experience required
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up, cleans and maintains all types oxygen equipment at patient's bedside and administers oxygen as needed.
- Performs breathing treatments to include mixing and delivering medications via aerosol or IPPB.
- Sets up and maintains all suction equipment.
- Performs chest physiotherapy to induce coughing and raise sputum and encourage deep breathing.
- Charts and documents all procedures on patients dailyI
- Inventories, stocks and performs other related duties within department as assigned
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four outreach locations, the area’s largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in clinic specializing in women’s health, two community clinics, three children’s medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area’s only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.