Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
- Assess and monitors patients before, during and after therapy/procedure. Communicates with the patients care provider as appropriate.
- Documents patients tolerance of the procedure/therapy and completes medication variance forms when applicable. Completes all documentation prior to the end of the shift.
- Manages ventilatory assistance according to manufactures guidelines while following hospital policy. Monitors and documents patients ventilatory status every two hours and communicates changes to the provider.
- Follows physicians orders or approved patient protocols when providing breathing treatments, MDI therapy, airway management, intubations, diagnostic procedures, PFT's, ABG's, therapeutic procedures, A-line insertions, and any respiratory modality in the Florida Rules and Regulations 468.35-468.369 (468.352).
- Assists with the development of department policies and provides mentorship and education for other associates to the duties related to respiratory care.
- Cleans equipment according to manufactures guidelines.
- Verifies patient orders prior to treatment/therapy and verifies charges are appropriate.
- Graduate of an approved Respiratory Therapy Program
- Graduate of an approved school, preferred 6 months experience
- Florida Department of Health Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required for hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Life Support (PALS), and Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) required within 6 months of hire date.
Performs duties of a Florida Respiratory Therapist in accordance with the FDOH rules and regulations for the profession. This includes respiratory assessments, respiratory treatments, ventilatory management, airway management, diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory modalities, and pulmonary rehabilitation.