The Respiratory Therapist (registered) is responsible for initiating and maintaining a plan of respiratory care for all pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients for whom care has been prescribed. Responsibilities include knowledge of pulmonary disease processes and the therapies associated with their treatments. Implementation of pharmacological therapy by established protocols, ventilator management, administration of all other related treatments and procedures provided by the respiratory care department according to departmental policies and procedures. Initiate and maintain all respiratory equipment, respond in a timely manner, make appropriate decisions in both clinical and professional situations and appropriately apply departmental and hospital guidelines, policies and procedures.
* Bachelors degree in Respiratory Therapy from an AMA approved school of Respiratory Care.
* 1 year experience preferred, new graduates are acceptable.
* Maryland Board of Physicians (BPQA) Respiratory Care License.
* Must be licensed to practice in Maryland or must be able to obtain a Maryland license based on timeframe of licensing board.
* RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist) credential from the National Board for Respiratory Care.
* CPR Health Care provider, preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled