At Banner Health, we’re excited about what the future holds for health care. That’s why we’re changing the industry to make the health care experience the best it can be! Our team has come together with a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you’re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Banner Home Medical Equipment is seeking a full time (40 hour) Registered Respiratory Therapist to work four 10 hour shifts a week. RRTs are reimbursed for mileage and get paid for drive time between appointments. Apply today!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Banner Home Care CO
Banner Home Care provides high-quality, compassionate team of professionals who are specially trained in a variety of fields. The care we provide focuses on assisting patients to achieve an optimum level of health and enhancing the quality of life in the home setting for patients. Our home care services are based on a physician's plan of treatment and designed to manage total care. We also educate patients and families to promote an understanding of the disease process, its prevention and treatment.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing to patients in a variety of health care settings.
- Performs all basic modalities of respiratory care as prescribed by physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
- Applies and manages mechanical ventilators in collaboration with physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners, recommending adjustments to improve clinical condition, patient comfort and to expedite the weaning process.
- Assembles, disassembles, operates, maintains, troubleshoots, cleans and performs adjustments in the applications of durable medical equipment and circuitry used in the delivery of respiratory care as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
- Performs pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
- Performs patient assessments and evaluates patient response to care provided, making recommendations to physicians regarding the plan of care, appropriate use of respiratory therapy and modification of therapy as clinical condition changes. Documents therapy provided in an accurate and complete manner in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
- Communicates and collaborates with resource staff in formulating care plans, recommendations for change in therapy and identification/resolution of problems.
- May supervise department staff.
Associate or technical degree
Proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). RRT required for all new hires to the position after October 1, 2015. Incumbents in the position as of October 1, 2015 must possess their RRT by October 1, 2017. A current license in state practiced as required by state law. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. In Home Care setting, must posses valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must be knowledgeable of clinical techniques, applications and equipment as typically obtained through 1 year of clinical experience. Must possess highly effective human relation skills necessary to interface with patients, families, staff and other healthcare personnel.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.