Ground breaking science. Advancingmedicine. Healing made personal.
The Respiratory Therapist helps patients experiencingdifficulty breathing learn to use various equipment and techniques to aid inclearer and more efficient breathing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrate the ability, understanding and proper utilization of thefollowing: nasal cannula, venti mask, USN, non-Rebreather masks, changingregulators, pulse oximetry etc.
2. Demonstrate competency in performance criteria of Medication and Medical GasAdministration: Proper use of metered dose inhalers, peak flow meters, Oxygen,Heliox, Nitric Oxide etc. Also assess patients for their continued need.
3. Demonstrate clinical competency performance in ETT placement and securingairway. Suctioning ETT, including closed system suctioning, open system withsterile technique.
4. Demonstrate Ventilator and BiPAP/CPAP setup and management.
5. Demonstrate clinical competency in evaluation, analysis, and interpretationof data obtained from diagnostic and physiologic tests.
6. Demonstrate proficiency in bedside testing for weaning (spirometery), use ofEnd Tidal CO2 and Peak Flow meters.
7. Demonstrate competency in use of electronic medical record – documentation,order sets, etc.
8. Performs other related duties.
NYS RT with Associate’s degree in a RespiratoryTherapy program and BCLS required. Bachelor’s degree in RT and exp preferred.
The Mount Sinai Health Systembelieves that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotionto delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city wecall home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us,you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, educationand advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retainthe best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment whereyou can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees,regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patientcare.
Explore more about this opportunityand how you can help us write a new chapter in our story
Over 38,000 employees strong, themission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patientcare with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivalededucation, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The MountSinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine atMount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai BethIsrael, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount SinaiQueens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St.Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai
The Mount Sinai Health System is anequal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights lawsand does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis ofrace, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Shift : Full-time
Primary Location: New York-Long Island City