Do you have thecareer opportunities as a Respiratory Therapist you want in your current role?We have an exciting opportunity for you to join OverlandPark Regional Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcareservices, HCA Healthcare.
At OPRMC, we want to ensure yourneeds are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and visionplans along with some unique benefits including:
401k(100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
IdentityTheft Protection discounts
Auto,Home, and Life Insurance options
EmployeeStock Purchase Program (ESPP)
How webuild better communities.
Our teams are acommitted, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a RespiratoryTherapist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions arevalued? If you are dedicated to caringfor the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want yourknowledge and expertise!
Respiratory therapy is bestdescribed as the assessment and treatment of patients with both acute andchronic dysfunction of the cardiopulmonary system. Today’s respiratorytherapists have demanding responsibilities related to patient care and serve asvital members of the healthcare team.
Respiratory therapists musthave a broad knowledge of the pathophysiology of the cardiopulmonary system andthe complex procedures required to properly diagnose and treat patients, fromthe very young to the very old.
About this unit:
- Teamwork is the core of how weoperate
Engagement of Leadership – Everyoneon the team is motivated and patient focused.
- RTs at OPRMC are integral members of the Code Blue Team,Rapid Response Team and Trauma Team.
- Under the general supervision of the RT Supervisor or Team Leader, you will perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures ordered by a physician
- Your duties will include medical gas administration, aerosol therapy, obtaining and analyzing blood specimens, performing patient testing, operating and maintaining various types of respiratory and cardiopulmonary equipment, providing mechanical ventilation, maintaining artificial airways, assisting with cardiopulmonary resuscitation, providing patient education, monitoring equipment and patient response to therapy
- Your additional responsibilities will include completing documentation of in-patient and departmental records, cleaning equipment, and maintaining safety and infection control practices.