Do you have the career opportunities as a Respiratory Therapist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Research Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At RMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
How we build better communities.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Respiratory Therapist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Respiratory therapy is best described as the assessment and treatment of patients with both acute and chronic dysfunction of the cardiopulmonary system. Today’s respiratory therapists have demanding responsibilities related to patient care and serve as vital members of the healthcare team. You must have a broad knowledge of the pathophysiology of the cardiopulmonary system and the complex procedures required to properly diagnose and treat patients, from the very young to the very old.
About this unit:
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused.
- Dynamic Departmental Duties
- Under the general supervision of the RT Supervisor or Team Leader, you will perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures ordered by a physician
- Your duties will include medical gas administration, aerosol therapy, obtaining and analyzing blood specimens, performing patient testing, operating and maintaining various types of respiratory and cardiopulmonary equipment, providing mechanical ventilation, maintaining artificial airways, assisting with cardiopulmonary resuscitation, providing patient education, monitoring equipment and patient response to therapy
- Your additional responsibilities will include completing documentation of in-patient and departmental records, cleaning equipment, and maintaining safety and infection control practices.