Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
UP TO $10,000 SIGN ON BONUS !
Must have an active license to practice respiratory care in the state of Ohio. Performs any/all diagnostic, therapeutic, prophylactic,and emergency care to all age groups under the supervision of a licensed physician in accordance with the Ohio Respiratory CareLaws and Rules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients assigned. To include growthand development over the life span and the ability to assess and interpret data reflective of the patients status and provide care asindicated according to department policies and procedures.2. Performs and instruct all Respiratory Care procedures in accordance with the departments policy and procedure manual, basedon clinical practice guidelines from the American Association for Respiratory Care and other clinical practice guidelines.3. Apply, monitor, records the results, and instruct in the use of medical gases and instruct on the equipment for administeringmedical gases.4. Administers aerosolized medications and aerosolized humidification, and monitor and record the results.5. Performs and instruct on bronchial pulmonary hygiene therapy, such as: PD&P, PEP therapy, Acapella therapy, suctioning andsampling of sputum for lab results.6. Performs and instruct on volume expansion therapy, such as: EZPAP therapy7. Apply mechanical ventilation and NIPPV, evaluating and recording results of mechanical ventilation and NIPPV.8. Apply airway apparatuses, maintain, & instruct on airway management.9. Obtain arterial or other blood samples for analyzing. Analyze and records/report blood and gas results.10. Performs all diagnostic studies to include peak flow monitoring, pulse oximetry, bedside spirometry, & anemograms.11. Formulates an appropriate Respiratory Care plan based upon patient assessment and communicate to the healthcare team.12. Actively participates in departmental quality assurance and hospital-wide organizational performance improvement activities13. Code team member, trauma team, and rapid response team member. Holds certification in basic life support, NRP, PALS, andACLS.14. Care of an infant post delivery (only RCPs with NRP training)15. Must be responsible for all information discussed at department meetings.Must hold a License with the Ohio Respiratory care board.Must be Registered by the NBRC.BLS with the AHA. Must obtain NRP,PALS and ACLS within one year of hire.
- Normal patient care environment with little exposure to noise, dust, temperature and the like.
- Lifts weights of approximately 20 lbs., must be able to move freely a large “H” size cylinder of oxygen on a cart.
- Substantial physical effort exerted up to fifty percent of work time.
- Ability to walk, stand, and bend more than eighty percent of time.
- Frequent (fifty to eighty percent of work time) exposure to adverse conditions.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
cheduled Weekly Hours:
Nights (United States of America)
Respiratory Therapy - St. Rita's
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Merchandise Discounts
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Health Care On Site
- Vacation/paid time off
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Performance bonus
- Gym Memberships
- Military Leave
- Employee Events
- On Site Cafeteria