Registered Respiratory Therapist
Full Time, Mixed Days & Nights Shifts, 0.9 FTE
University Hospital & Medical Center
UniversityHospital and Medical Center is a 317-bed acute care hospital offering a widerange of surgical and medical services Since opening in 1974, we have distinguishedourselves as a leader in breakthroughs in orthopedic care as well as jointreplacement. We continue to build on this tradition in our Orthopedic and SpineInstitute. Our Center for Behavioral Health offers inpatient child, adolescent,adult and geriatric services while our outpatient services include a Partialhospitalization program (PHP), Intensive outpatient program (IOP) and a 24 hourbehavioral health support hotline. Theyare also a certifiedBaker Act receiving facility. University islicensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration and certified by theJoint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. Our family-friendly ER provides expert,compassionate care for patients of all ages and special accommodations forseniors. Other specialty services include a wound care center as well as comprehensivediagnostic services accredited in multiple modalities including pediatric CTimaging by the American College of Radiology.
Wecontinue a proud tradition of providing high quality personalized care in ourlocal community. Explore possibilities to join our team where colleagues are valued and pledge to treat one another withloyalty, respect, and dignity.
We offer a generous benefits package, including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Match
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Reimbursement & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Scholarship Program
- Clinical Certification Support & Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- And more!
The Respiratory Therapist provides treatment, care and evaluation for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Delivers and assesses responses to ordered therapy per plan of care including routine and intensive therapy and diagnostic procedures.
- Utilizes various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas equipment such as masks, tents and incubators.
- Administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosol drugs.
- Measures ventilatory volumes, pressures and blood gas analysis.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition and general acceptance of treatment.