APPLY TODAY! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our Modern Hire Virtual Interviewing System.
Providence is calling a Registrar (Per-Diem/Evening Shift) to Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA.
We are seeking a Registrar who will pre-register and register patients presenting at the hospital for inpatient and outpatient services. Conduct patient/guarantor interviews, explains hospital policies, as well as explains patient financial responsibilities. Facilitates the patient admissions flow, including activities such as: patient identification, identification of accurate demographics and insurance information, and collection of required signatures and documents. Provide information and answers questions regarding Providence's financial assistance programs. Ensure account is financially secured prior to patient leaving registration area.
In this position you will:
- Maintain established departmental and hospital wide policies and procedures, objectives, improving organization performance program infection control, and safety standards
- Obtain and input patient demographics, verify all insurance information into the computer system and prepares preliminary paperwork for the patient’s medical record
- Receive, make, and transfer telephone calls promptly and efficiently
- Understand department functions in order to identify and assist in completing work to support department objectives
- Assist the patient with any questions/concerns
- Spell medical terms and refer to physician orders to ensure they accurately correspond to the suspended order
- Perform all clerical duties within the department
- Train new hires and functions as a resource
- Participate in education programs and in-service meetings
- Perform quality assurance review of date entry information prior to sending to Business Office
- Collect co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance, and prompt pay arrangements in accordance with insurance verifications requirements
- Cross train and cover for breaks and relief of Bed Control
- MOAB I within 30 to 150 days of hire
- Knowledge of computer input and skills
- Good communication and customer service skills
- 1 year registration, insurance or medical office experience
- 1 year customer service or similar job related experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA, is a 414 bed acute care facility, known for its state-of-the-art technology and high quality, compassionate care, has provided the full range of diagnostic, treatment, care and support services for the San Fernando Valley communities for close to 70 years. Many of our specialized services are provided within our Heart and Vascular Institute, one of Los Angeles County's first STEMI designated receiving centers of heart attack victims; our Hycy and Howard Hill Neuroscience Institute, awarded the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for a Primary Stroke Center, and the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association (2010); our Women's Pavilion, and our newly opened the Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center, a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, patient-centered, treatment facility. Our cancer center includes some of the most advanced technology in radiation oncology, highly advanced medical and surgical oncology, excellent clinical outcomes and research, and all patient support services are housed in the same building. Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center has an exceptional orthopedic program recognized for its excellent outcomes and clinical expertise. And Providence Saint Joseph's Bariatric Program, a leader and resource for those dealing with obesity in Southern California, received a Five-Star Rating for Bariatric Surgery, and Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence designation from HealthGrades.