Adheres to department policy of using two patient identifiers ensuring correct information appears on all documents, armbands, and labels. Adheres to a verbal verification of armband placement.
- Avoids HIPAA violations by accurately entering information into the Epic system to avoid passing on defects; such as incorrect patient name, PCP, guarantor and insurance information.
- Interviews, pre-registers and registers patients timely and accurately. Appropriate level of expertise in Epic, OnBase, RTE, insurance websites to ensure accurate and efficient registrations.
- Ensures that all registration forms are complete, signed, scanned and indexed in Epic timely. Enters notes in referral or auth/cert and uses billing indicator as needed.
- Delivers excellent customer service using �Simply Better� and AIDET principles with patients, staff, and visitors. Maintains effective working relationships with co-workers and others. Utilizing Simply Better recognition cards or any other communication regarding customer service.
- Collects and posts patient financial responsibility; including deposits, copays, deductibles, estimates, and/or coinsurance timely and accurately. Drops payment in the safe or cash drawer timely. Based on a monthly department cash collection goal.
- Participates in and supports department specific performance improvement education, training, staff meetings, and projects. (Employee Engagement survey, service excellence, etc.) Promotes and participates in the employee engagement action plan). Assists with improving the score.
- Maintains an accuracy of 95% or better by selecting the correct insurance plan and IPA code. Monitors and manages assigned work queues to maximize productivity by meeting department standards. Appropriate level of expertise in Epic, Onbase, RTE and insurance websites to ensure accurate and efficient registrations.
- ER and L&D Registration: abides by the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) and with the Medical Screening Exam (MSE) process.PBX: Answers incoming calls timely using Simply Better scripting and routes calls professionally and appropriately. Follows paging protocols and trains new hires as needed.
- Adheres to MHS time and attendance policy #357. Clocks �in and out� of MTM accurately with minimal clocking errors for each scheduled shift. Signs off by the end of the pay period.
- Other duties as assigned.
1-2 years of experience in hospital admitting, physician office, or equivalent healthcare
- Must communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing
- Strong customer service skills
- General knowledge of insurance payors: PPO, HMO, POS, EPO, Medicare, Medi-Cal, & CalOptima
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish, or English/Vietnamese) preferred
- Positive work ethic
- General computer skills required including: electronic medical record and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of medical terminology