Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
Oversees front desk patient arrival and departure staff in the clinics to ensure timely and efficient pre-registration/registration functions. Coordinates and maintains daily operations of the clerical areas including ADT/Prelude/Cadence functions, point of service collections, customer service, process improvement, quality assurance, and standardized work implementation (P&Ps, Reg Standards, etc.) to maximize patient satisfaction and service for customers. Complies with regulatory initiatives, oversees effective staffing plans, manages/develops staff, and ensures compliance with productivity and accuracy standards. Responsible for implementing performance/ quality improvement and customer service initiatives to create a superior patient experience. Monitors registration processes ensuring patient safety and satisfaction goals are met, self-pay activities are successful, and organizational revenues are consistent with the HCMC mission, vision, and values. Assists with the development of policies, procedures, and processes in coordination with patient access leaders to ensure the highest quality services are provided consistently to all customers.
- Ensures the quality and accuracy of registration data system-wide to ensure complete, accurate, and timely registrations. Insures staff achieves 98 percent registration accuracy standards
- Drives point-of-service collection efforts
- Ensures that goals and objectives of the team are properly defined and implemented in accordance with regulatory and compliance guidelines and aligned with department budget. Serves as subject matter expert
- Implements registration standards/P&Ps, quality measures, work standardization, and process improvements using LEAN methodology and consistent with the organization’s goals/objectives and industry trends
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels and ensures staff competency standards, staff orientation and ongoing education/development, etc. Assists with staff recruitment, retention and development. Understands and works within union contracts. Builds strong customer service skills of team members
- Assures appropriate levels of understanding, awareness, and compliance with applicable Joint Commission, federal, state, and agency laws, regulations, guidelines, and professional standards. Participates in operational, safety, security, and infection control programs as required
- Assists with setting department direction and priorities, provides oversight and monitors day-to-day office operations. (includes productivity, financial, customer satisfaction, employee engagement, etc.)
- Maintains a collegial and cooperative relationship with staff and other supervisors, communicates across service areas working as a team to search out and implement efficiencies, economies, and best practices
- Ability to address, resolve and remain tactful when handling complaints
- Completing special assignments as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Health Care Administration, or related field or approved equivalent education/experience
- Proven experience as a Supervisor or Project Management/Leadership relevant role
- An approved equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Epic electronic medical record functionality (preferably EPIC ADT/Prelude/Cadence or Resolute), claims processing systems and eligibility verification
- Knowledge of state and federal legislation and CMS regulation, HIPAA, Privacy, and other regulatory and accreditation agencies;
- Knowledge of current Medical Assistance, Medicare, charity care, self-pay, insurance plans, MNsure, etc. required
- Knowledge of budget preparation and management
- Knowledge of project management and performance improvement
- Skilled in the use of computer systems, including practice management systems, reporting tools and the Microsoft office suite; creating presentations, facilitation of meetings
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, orally and in writing, and within the health care community
- Experience in supervising staff -- Lead, mentor and coach staff
- Develop and implement policies and procedures
Organize, delegate and monitor work assignments
- Change agent: Plan for the future and prepare staff and procedures for this change
- Ability to work cohesively and respectfully with a diverse work force and patient population
- Ability to prioritize, organize, problem solve, and communicate with multidisciplinary staff
- Ability to perform job duties that meet departmental performance expectations as well as HCMC standards related to quality, accuracy, productivity, patient and family centered care, customer service, etc.
- Skilled in overseeing the efforts of individuals within the department
- Ability to effectively involve department staff in the application of quality measurement and improvement tools
- Skilled in fostering a positive workplace culture and building inclusive workplace teams
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies and systems and provide instruction on complex processes
- Capable of assisting managers with decisions and activities
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and carry-out work
- Ability to comfortably and effectively facilitate meetings and feedback sessions
- Demonstrated advancement through progressive growth in responsibilities and assignments within a department
- Skilled in evaluating factors requiring judgment, analytical thinking, and problems solving.
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate and supervise several functions, programs or projects in various stages of completion
- Epic certification: Hospital registration – revenue cycle.
- Formal process improvement / Lean certification
- Certification in EPIC Cadence, ADT/Prelude or Resolute preferred
- NAHAM, HFMA, HBI (etc.) Certification
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.