Ensure full compliance of PVM confectionery products (chewing gum, candies, chocolate) with laws and technical standards applicable to Food Industry as well as Group’s policies. Territories involved: USA & CANADA.
Responsible for regulatory aspects: food and labeling, advertisements. Requirements for the role: monitoring regulations, problem solving, analyzing documents, providing advice and verifying claims.
To support the Regulatory Manager in the daily tasks.
- Monitor, gather, verify, study food and labeling regulations/ standards and their possible revisions relative to local market and set up appropriate means to ensure constant update on regulatory topics of interest, e.g. through legislative monitoring services or trade associations or consultants, etc.
- Share information on food and labeling legislation/standards with other functions within the organization. Prepare and issue ingredients lists and nutrition information upon recipe shared by R&D.
- Work closely with other departments, e.g., Marketing to support projects and issue advice on advertisement and promotional material and R&D relative to advice on additives, raw materials and food law;
- Ensure legal compliance of products with national food legislation/standards of the territories involved, i.e., preparing and verifying additives, ingredients, nutritional information, raw materials verification, labeling rules, labels, claims, pictorials, etc. Check the product labels providing the final approval according to local regulations to ensure compliance.
- Work within the current Group process and systems to ensure product compliance.
- Work within Industry organizations to provide direction and comments on new proposed legislation.
- Bachelor Degree required. Preference in food science.
- 5+ years of experience in regulatory affairs in multi-national companies operating in the food industry.
- Thorough knowledge of food laws with a specific focus on labeling and additives.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities, meet strict deadlines.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player.
- Effectively cooperate and communicate across the company.
- High degree of self-organization and detail-orientation.
- Analyzes context and issues.
- Manages confidential information.
- Quick learner of new concepts in different areas.
- Combines scientific knowledge with legal aspects.
Perfetti Van Melle, USA is a EOE, M/F/D/V and AAP Employer