Assists in the delivery of rehabilitation programs as outlined by, and under the supervision and direction of a therapist. Where allowed by law, the Assistant from the disciplines of Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, or Speech Therapy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in providing direct therapy services by carrying out delegated, selected, skilled tasks under the supervision of the therapist and according to federal guidelines and state practice act.
- Assists with individual/supervised/group programs
- Provides administrative support to Rehabilitation Department as needed.
- Oversees maintenance of equipment in accordance with infection control safety guidelines.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience in a health care setting preferred
Physical Demands & Environment
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.