Rehab Patient Access Service Coordinator - Per Diem
Under the direction of the Program Director, Musculoskeletal Services, and in conjunction with the Rehab Services Office Team Leader, and within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures, responsible for performing various duties involved in scheduling and registering of Rehab Services patients at all 5 sites. This includes procurement of all pre-certifications and referrals, collection of co-payments and transaction reconciliation. Other primary duties include patient reception, phones, accountability of Medical Records as well as resolution of admission, billing or other problems related to the collection of an account balance, and maintaining Rehabilitation Services Department records and statistics.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One (1) to three (3) years administrative and in-person customer service experience required, preferably in a health care setting. Rehab Office Coordinators, front desk doctor’s office, and Patient access services experience preferred.
- Familiarity with and understanding of hospital admissions, patient account systems and major health insurers and general coverage issues preferred. Previous cashiering experience helpful.
- Demonstrated typing proficiency, personal computer and CRT experience required; Tempus One Scheduler experience preferred and medical terminology.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cooley Dickinson Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.
Primary Location MA-Northampton-CDH Cooley Dickinson Hospital
CDH Cooley Dickinson Hospital (CDHMain)
30 Locust Street