Therapy helps our patients recover from injuries and get back to a normal life after surgery. Compassionate and professional employees make up our rehab and therapy teams, and they understand how important their role is to the healing process. If you want a workplace that is full of opportunities for growth and learning, look no further than our therapy services.
Washakie Medical Center has been recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review as a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital in the United States. WMC is one of only two hospitals in the state of Wyoming. Click here to check out the full article!
Washakie Medical Center’s Rehab department is a mixed inpatient/outpatient clinic with typical case load of 4-6 outpatient visits per day per clinician and 1-3 IP visits per day. The gym is shared by PT, Wellness, and Cardiac Rehab, making a vibrant mix of community members. The equipment is the very latest and is as complete as any stand alone gym. WMC has a deep commitment to its community and they go above and beyond to add that home town touch to all things.
Worland sits in the Bighorn Basin, between the Big Horn Mountains and the Tetons. It is an easy trip for camping, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, downhill skiing, and some amazing hiking in one of the quietest and most majestic areas of the country. True Western flair permeates this small town farm and ranch community. We are an hour and a half from one of the best known rodeos in the world: The Cody Stampede Rodeo and only about 5 hrs from the Cheyenne Stampede. Both winter and summer sports abound, and I have to say, having ridden my bike around town to train, it is a very bike and hike friendly community, filled with nice people who still wave at strangers and tgo the extra mile to welcome new people.
To learn more about this and other great opportunities call or email our Recruiter, Greta McGough, at 307-534-7108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Washakie Medical Center
With a 50-year tradition of quality caring, Washakie Medical Center in Worland, Wyo. is a 18-bed critical access hospital with "big city" capabilities. This includes a 64-slice CT scanner, 3D tomosynthesis mammography, 1.5 tesla MRI, Ultrasound, fluro, electronic medical records and a full service, state-of-the-art lab. Our trauma ED is staffed with full-time physicians and our surgery services include 24/7 CRNA coverage including OB epidurals, two general surgeons, orthopedic surgery, and ambulatory treatment. In addition, we provide a variety of wellness activities and feature an active rehab department.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position is responsible for providing leadership and direction to a rehabilitation department(s)/area in the achievement of balanced initiatives and delivery of excellent patient care. This includes accountability for planning, directing, and monitoring operational, programmatic and patient outcomes. The incumbent will be responsible for evaluations, recruitment, retention and disciplinary actions as needed with consultation from the Director as needed. Incumbent will be responsible for developing the budget while executing financial acumen and problem solving/plan of actions relating to that budget. Outstanding communication, problem solving, change management and relationship skills are required to influence employee engagement, resource utilization and patients and physician satisfaction. Incumbent must inspire employees to achieve personal and professional goals and objectives. The position is responsible for role modeling service excellence in all interactions and leading a culture of recognition and celebration.
- Provides leadership and direction to the rehabilitation staff to continuously improve clinical, financial and service outcomes. Develops performance goals and objectives for the department consistent with those of the facility and the organizations overall strategic plan. Monitors and analyzes the results to identify trends and opportunities for improvement. Assures the successful achievement of balanced initiatives by effectively "connecting the dots" and promoting staff participation and shared leadership involvement. Utilizes data to support process improvement initiatives.
- Oversees and Manages the daily operations of the department. Participates in developing, monitoring and revising department policies and procedures consistent with current standards of practice. Responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, revising program specific guidelines essential to the achievement of department initiatives. Assesses and maintains a staffing plan that efficiently and effectively utilizes the appropriate resources ensuring competency, skill mix and adequate number of staff. Responsible for promoting staff participation in Gallup Q12 and achieving department impact goals.
- Recruits and selects "best fit" competent, talented and self-directed employees. Ensures thorough orientation and training of all clinical and non-clinical staff in assigned work areas. Utilizes performance recognition program to coach employees on accountability, performance and service standards. Provides timely and meaningful performance assessments and co-created action plans that promote personal and professional development.
- Facilitates and provides patient centered interdisciplinary care. Ensures clinical and age specific competency of staff. Promotes clinical excellence by monitoring objectives and outcomes of preceptor program. Maintains own clinical awareness and competencies as required by the department in order to assure competency of staff and mentor staff to improve clinical performance and problem-solving skills.
- Investigates and initiates the resolution of patient and /or physician complaints. Responsible for patient rounding and data collection to enhance patient satisfaction. Investigates and develops new and renewed processes that produce an improved level of service. Role models behaviors consistent with Banners service standard initiatives.
- Develops and achieves department annual budget. Monitors financial performance reports and makes staffing and operational adjustments to meet performance targets. Accountable for monitoring and achieving individual employee and department productivity targets. Identifies and makes recommendations for equipment needs, including capital equipment. Provides leadership to the adherence of JCAHO and other regulatory agency standards.
- Seeks out opportunities to build relationships with physicians, hospital and facility peers, and other people resources who can contribute to the success of department's initiatives. Identifies opportunities to improve service delivery and/or program growth.
Graduate of an accredited program in Occupational, Physical, Audiology or Speech Language Pathology
Must a hold a current license or certification in their respective discipline. BLS certification required.
A minimum of four years of clinical experience, two years related to the patient population and scope of practice is preferred. Two years of leadership experience, staffing and team building is required. Must demonstrate excellent customer service, interpersonal communication, complex problem solving skills and the ability to direct, monitor, evaluate and plan processes.
Multi-line/feature telephone, personal computer, printer, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, typewriter, pager and therapy equipment for patient care.
Masters degree preferred
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.