The Rehab Technician is a non- licensed caregiver who works under the direction of a Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist and or Assistant to aide in the provision of patient care. He/She will be involved with patient preparation, components of certain interventions, and post treatment procedures. The Technician attends to the daily tasks of departmental organization and upkeep. He/She will perform varied aspects of clerical duties on a regular basis.
1. Administers components of interventions (therapeutic exercise, therapeutic activity, gait training, activities of daily living, splints, feeding). Specific functions and tasks will be determined by the specific therapy provider (PT, OT, or Speech).
2. Performs setup for exercise, evaluation, or modality equipment.
3. Assist in transfer and/or transport of patients (wheelchairs, stretcher, bed, cardiac chair, bedside chair, commode, lifts).
4. Take vital signs.
5. Assist therapist with initiation and monitoring of patients on steppers, elliptical trainer, UBE, recumbent bike, treadmill and standing frame, dynamic stair trainer, lite gait.
6. Monitors departmental supply level.
7. Performs clerical duties (answers phones, scheduling, data entry, filing).
8. Reports any and all status changes regarding patient to supervising Therapist or Assistant.
9. Organizes and cleans patient care equipment and treatment areas.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Certifications: CPR - Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association required
Education: High School Diploma or GED required
Experience: Previous rehab experience preferred