The Rehabilitation Assistant plays an essential role in carrying out Rainbow’s mission to inspire the people we serve to realize their greatest potential. Through their interactions and activities with adult and pediatric clients, the Rehabilitation Assistant assists Rainbow professional staff in administering therapeutic rehabilitation programs in the home and at the treatment center. Therapeutic rehabilitation programs may include ambulation, swimming, physical exercises, leisure activities, occupational therapy, arts and crafts, recreational games and community outings. The Rehabilitation Assistant is also responsible for providing care, support, comfort and safety to clients in a Rainbow residential home, residential facility or their own individual residence. Additional duties include: assisting with activities of daily living such as personal hygiene, showering, dressing, toileting, etc.; administering bedside care and performing health care related tasks such as monitoring vital signs and medication under the direction of the nursing staff; performing housekeeping duties such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, dishes, running errands, personal shopping, planning and preparing meals; and using a motor vehicle to transport clients to and from locations outside the home such as appointments and outings.
Begin your career in healthcare with us! Join our after-school program. Gain valuable experience as a Rehabilitation Assistant. Training is provided, no experience is required.
$12.50 - $14.50/hour starting rate* plus bonus program
*Starting rate is based on prior related experience, education and training and assignment.
Starting rate is $12.50/hour. Earn up to an additional $2 more based on a combination of your related experience, education and training. Employees can also receive $1/hr shift premium when assigned to the NeuroRehab Campus in Farmington Hills.
Earn up to another $1,500 per year with our Performance Bonus Program! Our Rehabilitation Assistant Performance Bonus Program is paid out on a quarterly basis. Employees must meet performance criteria to be eligible for the bonus each quarter. Eligible part-time employees receive a pro-rated bonus.
Great benefits for full-time employees that includes:
- Health Insurance including Medical/Rx, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare and Dependent Day Care)
- FREE Short-term Disability
- FREE Long-term Disability
- FREE Employee and Dependent Life and Accidental Death & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (PTO) for vacation, personal and illness. New full-time employees can accrue up to 12 – 15 days per year depending on your role.
- 9 paid holidays and a holiday premium when working the holiday
All employees can participate in:
- 401k plan with company match
- FREE Employee Assistance Program that includes Counseling Services, Estate Guidance and Will Services, Funeral Planning and Concierge Services, Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection Services
- Outreach events, including employee volunteer activities, food drives, and other employee-led initiatives
- Health services, such as blood drives, Adult and Pediatric CPR & first-aid classes, and flu shots
- Employee discounts through the LifeMart Discount Program and TicketsAtWork
- Monday-Thursday 3-7:00 pm and Saturday 9-3:00 pm
- Have a High School Diploma, GED and/or proven ability to read and write
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Acceptable driving record
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Acceptable under the State of Michigan's Good Moral Statute
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Ability to lift, transfer, rotate, push, pull and assist patients weighing up to 150 pounds who are partially or totally dependent for moving about and maneuvering a manual wheelchair.
- Other physical requirements include stooping, bending, twisting, standing and walking throughout an 8-hour shift.
- Must be able to execute physical techniques, including bringing patient safely to the ground level.
- Must be able to execute CPR and other emergency first aid procedures according to prescribed standards.
License, Certification or Registration(s) Requirements:
- Michigan driver's license and acceptable driving record. Michigan Chauffeur's license must be obtained within 2 weeks of employment.
- CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) and First Aid – Adult and Pediatric Certification required or obtained within one week of employment (training provided at orientation).
- Must be able to drive an automobile.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with co-workers and clients in an English-speaking environment.
Other Requirements: Ability to -
- Work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Reason and make judgments and decisions.
- Work effectively and courteously under stressful circumstances.
- Manage time well, set priorities, perform multiple tasks and organize diverse activities.
- Deal effectively with inappropriate behaviors of clients, including hostility and aggression.
- Recognize inappropriate or manipulative behavior in difficult or challenging situations.
- Calmly and repetitively model appropriate behavior in difficult or challenging situations.
- React to situations, i.e., rescue, preventing a client from hurting themselves.
- Maintain regular and punctual work attendance.
- Willing to work evenings/overnight, weekends, and holidays.
Relevant keywords: Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aid, HHA, Patient Care Technician, PCA, LPN, Direct Care Worker, DCW, Nursing Assistant, NA, Medical Assistant, MA, rehabilitation assistants, certified nursing aide, home health aide, personal care aide, rehab assistant, aides, CNA, CNA's, HHA, HHA's, nursing assistant, nurse aide, Certified Medication Aide (CMA), Certified Nurse Aide (CNA), Certified Nurses Aide (CNA), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA), Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA), Nurses' Aide, Nursing Aide, Nursing Assistant, State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA), Care Giver, Caregiver, Certified Home Health Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Home Health Aide (HHA), Home Care Aide, Caregiver, Personal Care Aide, Personal Care Attendant (PCA), Personal Care Assistant (PCA), Companion, Care Provider, Homemaker, Health Care, Healthcare, Managed Care, healthcare, Ypsilanti, Washtenaw, Ann Arbor, Michigan, Seasonal, Part time, Full Time.
#werehiring #workwithus #Detroitjobs #MIjobs #JobSearch #JobSeeker #JobListing #Jobs #Job #Hiring #Employment #tweetmyjobs #jobs4u
Statement of EEO
EEO/Drug Free Employer.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Food and Coffee
- Long Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation/paid time off
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Professional Development
- Merchandise Discounts
- Life Insurance
- Military Leave
- Employee Events
- Paid Holidays