Working for Metrocare isn’t just a job. It’s a career whereyour skills and passion for delivering quality care makea positive difference to the individuals that we serve.
Metrocare is the largest provider of mental health services in Dallas County, serving more than 57,000 adults and children annually. For more than fifty (50) years, Metrocare has provided an array of services available to people with mental and developmental disabilities. In addition to behavioral health services, Metrocare provides primary care centers for adults and children, accessible pharmacies, housing and supportive social services. Through the Altshuler Center for Education & Research we are advancing mental health beyond Dallas County.
The purpose of the rehabilitation specialist is to provide opportunity, guidance and overall supervision of rehabilitation/vocational services for consumers’ personal independence and community integration, including maintaining chart compliance within DVC and DADS guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Development of collaborative working relationships with Center staff, consumers, families and other service providers
- Assist in development of service plans and team activities to determine needs, interests and desires of consumers
- Provide a variety of simulated work situations and training opportunities for consumers
- Provide education/information to families, caseworkers, and service coordinators
- Advocate as needed to development new opportunities when desired outcomes not met.
- Complete the Vocational Assessment Form for each consumer on caseload
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner and following all DVC and DADS guidelines
- Maintain and complete chart compliance functions
- Create and maintain a conducive learning environment in the classrooms
- Development and maintain curriculum and classroom management practices
- Rotate regularly through all classrooms to maintain cross-training experience.
- The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Self-motivating, able to work independently
- Working knowledge of currents Laws, Regulations and Policies and Procedures regarding service delivery to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with a variety of individuals, teams and systems.
- Able to apply working knowledge of MS Office 95/97 and Askesis
- Must have valid Texas driver’s license and transportation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. One to two years experience in providing services to individuals with disabilities preferred. Bilingual in Spanish and/or American Sign Language a plus. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Basic math skills required for this position.REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to apply common sense understanding of Metrocare programs. CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
None requiredPHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to talk and hear. The incumbent must be able to carry material (up to 25 pounds) between sites. Have personal transportation to-and-from sites. TRAVEL:
In-county travel.None-to-Negligible travel outside of the county.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment describe here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level may vary between low and mild.The work environment should not experience temperature extremes (hot and cold).This job description is a record of major aspects of the job, but is not an all-inclusive job contract. Dallas Metrocare Services maintains its status as an “at-will” employer and nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to guarantee employment for any length of time. Additional tasks may be assigned as deemed necessary by the immediate supervisor. The position’s status conforms to the Fair Labor Standards Act as amended, and the employee has agreed to the standards methods of compensation in compliance with Center’s procedures and Federal Law.
Metrocare couldn’t have a great employee-first culture without great benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, exceptional training and an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan, including employer matching
- Health Savings Account, including employer matching
- Professional Development Allowance
- Bilingual Stipend – up to 6% of the base salary
- Many other benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Tobacco Free Facilities - Metrocare is committed to promoting the health, well-being and safety of Metrocare team members, guests, and individuals and families we serves while on the facility campuses. Therefore, Metrocare facilities and grounds are tobacco-free.
No calls from staffing agencies or independent recruiters