About UsHope Network Neuro Rehabilitation serves individuals who have sustained a brain or spinal cord injury caused by auto accidents, falls, gunshot wounds, assaults and more. Hope Network Neuro Rehabilitation focuses on re-establishing work, home and other life activities through intensive rehabilitation programs proven to increase participation and independence after an injury.
The Rehabilitation Technician is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Provides personal care, protection, and supervision to individuals residing in a transitional and/or long-term residential rehabilitation program. Assists in coordinating individuals’ schedules and implement clinical treatment plans as established by the individual and his/her interdisciplinary treatment team. Models appropriate behaviors and teaches life skills to residents. Develops and maintains therapeutic working relationships with individuals and families.
Being a Direct Support Professional at Hope Network. from Hope Network on Vimeo.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Assure the individual physical safety and social well-being of residents during both structured and unstructured times.a. Supervise directly or is aware of general whereabouts of residents, dependent upon assessed level of independence. Monitor visitors to the facility.b. Report any health problems and take effective immediate action. Implement medical treatment plans and respond promptly and accurately to all instructions provided by the nurse/individual’s physician regarding treatment.c. Intervene in any crisis situation that arises according to established procedures.
3. Provide direct care for individuals who are unable to complete self-care tasks independently, including but not limited to: bathing, hygiene, skin care, toileting, bowel and bladder programs, feeding (including G-tubes), dressing and transfers.
4. Develop and maintain appropriate therapeutic relationships with individuals while providing consistent follow through on programs and enforcing residential rules and routines. Develop and maintain appropriate professional relationships with individual family/friends/guardians.5. Implement clinical goals of the individual as part of his/her interdisciplinary team using approved specific program methods and instructions.a. Provide individual instruction and supervise residents’ activities of daily living.b. Implement behavioral plans developed for the individual resident by the psychologist.c. Initiate social/recreational activities to promote productive use of leisure time.d. Promote adaptation to cognitive challenges with residents using memory journals, charts, cues and structuring of tasks as appropriate.e. Communicate promptly (by end of shift), accurately and completely with designated staff regarding resident and program issues, including behavioral observations, interactions and incidents to facilitate consistent supervision and to alert treatment team members of issues that may require therapeutic intervention. Complete documentation utilizing communication logs, team updates, and incident reports, according to reporting requirement guidelines.
6. Communicate and record health concerns, administer and document prescribed medications (including subcutaneous injections, as trained) and treatments as prescribed/directed by nurses and physicians.
7. Maintain various individual records such as daily logs, health care reports, resident funds ledgers, weight records and miscellaneous checklists, such as behavioral plans and self-care routines.
8. Participate in and assist individuals with in-house and community activities in conjunction with activity schedule.
9. Perform tasks necessary to the efficient operation of the facility as assigned. This includes, but is not limited to: housekeeping, meal preparation, laundry, and resident room cleaning, ice and snow removal and managing of assigned work areas. Report facility repair needs.
10. Attend and participate in scheduled staff, team building, and training meetings as assigned.
11. Promote a positive morale among staff by modeling, and encouraging effective teamwork. Continually work to promote successful working relationships among all co-workers; alert supervisory staff of situations that may require further intervention.
12. Perform other duties as assigned and relevant to position responsibilities.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education Required: High school diploma or GED2. Level 5 – Access to PHI of consumers at affiliate of employment as it pertains to specific caseload3. Demonstrated ability to communicate and complete documentation in written and verbal formats to meet position responsibilities.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with individuals having special physical, emotional, social, and vocational needs.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with individuals, observe emotional, vocational, and social behaviors, and therapeutically adapt responses to individual needs.
6. Demonstrated ability to provide direct self-care for individuals, as needed.7. Ability to lift 50 pounds, twist, turn, bend, kneel to meet position responsibilities8. Demonstrated ability to transfer individuals using proper transfer techniques and proper body mechanics.
9. Demonstrated ability to teach individuals independent living skills.10. Demonstrated ability to implement and document individual treatment programs.11. Ability to become certified in CPR/First-Aid and respond effectively in a crisis situation.12. Must be able to pass the Medication Administration class and to administer medications with minimal errors in accordance with medication administration guidelines/expectations.
13. Valid drivers license with driving record acceptable according to Hope Network policy, preferred (Driver's License may be required by some programs). If applicable, proper licensure to perform chauffeur duties.
14. Ability to articulate and actively support the mission of the corporation to various audiences.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Basic computer skills and experience.