The Relationship Manager will be responsible for managing the Home team’s existing strategic relationships. This Relationship Manager will drive the long term profitable growth of our strategic partnerships, which includes responsibility for onboarding new partners, annual planning, and day-to-day interactions with existing partners. “Strategic Partners” could include traditional large insurance carriers who do not write home insurance, insurers who write home insurance but need additional capacity in order to better serve their broad target customer and prospect base, and non-insurance partners where providing home insurance solutions would add value to their business model. This person will play a critical role on the Home insurance distribution team as the primary contact for assigned partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing relationships with strategic partnerships with the objective of driving home insurance business growth and profit for assigned partners
- Develop, implement, and mange manage operating routines with strategic partners including quarterly meetings and other partnership engagements and/or events; serve as a Plymouth Rock representative in engagements.
- Collaborate with IT, product, operations, and senior leaders across both outside partner and within Plymouth Rock to improve and grow our partnership structure, develop processes, drive innovation, and implement product offerings.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement ways to improve partner profitability and growth for home
- Serve as a mentor to other team members on aspects of project work, insurance and general business knowledge
- 7+ years of partner management experience; proven success in working with senior executives and managing complex partnerships. Experience in P&C insurance is a plus.
- Confident in taking ownership of challenging business issues, making decisions with limited or incomplete data and seeing issues through to resolution
- Results driven with a strong bias for action; puts effort into driving results with urgency; has courage to challenge the status quo
- Experience with developing and implementing new, creative and effective solutions to highly complex business issues.
- Excellent communication skills; confidence in building a rapport with and nurturing good working relationships; strong collaborator who can build relationships in a matrix environment
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills; Self-starter and resourceful problem-solver – gets thing moving and keep them on track.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing start-up like environment
- Highly organized, able to multi-task and manage tasks effectively
- Proactive mindset, problem-solver and critical thinker
Plymouth Rock is a growing and innovative insurance carrier that is disrupting the industry. The 35-year old Plymouth Rock writes $1.4 billion in premium for more than a million households in six states in the Northeast. We have more than 1800 employees and more than $1 billion in capital and surplus that have earned top quartile credit ratings and industry-leading returns. We write auto and home insurance for more than a million customers through multiple distribution channels.