Production Services is responsible for running the day to day operations of the technology platform. Work activities specific to Production Services roles include Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management, etc. The Production Services Lead identifies possible production failure scenarios, creates incident tickets, enhancements and/or problem tickets in ticket tracking system, and communicates effectively with development and internal business operations teams. Identifies vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement, as well as maintain metrics to help develop analysis that will drive improvement in all areas of Production Services. Creates and enhances administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, standards and procedures. Takes ownership of escalations and perform trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, designing and supporting new and existing equipment and software under moderate supervision. Resolves complex issues. Consults with end users to determine optimal configuration of equipment and applications. Works on problems of minimal-moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts and techniques. May provide coaching and mentoring for other employees but does not directly manage others. Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of an technology environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives. Participates with management in the development of technology products, service standards and development efforts that impact the client/business area. Serves as an escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of moderately complex unresolved problems, complaints and service requests. Provides the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the production services environment. Employees in this job code manage a function but do not manage people.
Resource will deploy code changes to the test and production environments as well as triage/fix any issues in the test environments. Will also provide support to the Release Management team during Production release events. Additional duties include tracking/updating problem tickets and working with support teams to triage/fix issues with the deployments and also creating/updating documentation to support the team functions. Working release weekends is expected.
- Hands on working UNIX/Linux knowledge in command shell
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux Operating System and Infrastructure: SAN, filesystems, debugging server and service issues in single and multi-tier system and application architectures, and so on (Unix SA level of experience NOT required)
- Exposure and/or hands-on knowledge of UNIX Shell, Perl, Python, and similar scripting language
- Knowledge and working experience on Application Environments: Websphere, Tomcat, JBOSS, etc.
- Agile Software Delivery and Continuous Integration and Delivery: Git/Bitbucket/SVN, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory, Ansible, XLRelease, etc.
- Able to work on Databases: Query and updates
- Computer networking skills and working knowledge: Load balancers, firewall, etc.
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems with hands on experience in Java/unix combination– cd/tail/ls/vi/ssh/ps/telnet etc
- Degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Communication, Information Technology.
- Experience with J2EE application servers and webservers - IHS, TOMCAT, WebSphere, JBOSS (websphere and jboss is a plus)
- Understanding/experience with web application communication protocols - SOAP, HTTP, XML etc
- Understanding of web application architecture
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze enterprise java applications- end to end flow
- Good Database experience – Comfortable using/writing SQL queries
- Exposure with troubleshooting issues related to Routers/dns/vip/firewall/ports etc
- Basic knowledge on SDLC tools like perforce, uDeploy etc
- Basic knowledge on MQ’s
- Scripting or coding skills a plus - Shell scripting/perl/java
Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40