Spry is a certified Small Business (SB) headquartered in McLean, VA. Spry provides Enterprise, C4IT, Management, and Cyber Solutions to the federal government and commercial entities. Founded in 2001, Spry Methods was built on the foundation of combining industry knowledge with unmatched responsiveness to produce results for our customers. Our goal is to build a business dedicated to the maximization of value for all stakeholders starting with our employees, our customers, and our community. We recognize that talented and dedicated employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of our success. Guided by these principles, we have established an impressive track record of proven past performance serving our customers within the Commercial, Federal Civilian, DoD, and Intelligence Communities. A CMMI Level 3 certified and ISO 9001:2008 registered company, Spry is committed to quality and continuous improvement.
Spry Methods is actively seeking a Release Manager to support our government customer in the New Orleans, LA area. Release Manager who will be responsible for managing all aspects of release management across all call orders under the BPA. The Release Manager shall be responsible for planning and coordinating release efforts in conjunction with other Call Order leads including Operations Manager, Development Lead, Testing Lead as well as team members including developers, testers, database administrators, configuration managers, and system administrators.
Job Responsibilities and/or Success Factors
- Plan TIMS release activities following approved standard procedures, policies, and change management procedures
- Manage the scheduling and communication of deployment activities, including emergency change implementations
- Initiate and verify security A&A is conducted and approved as needed prior to production releases
- Coordinate releases between TIMS development and TIMS operations staff
- Coordinate the migration of all releases across BAT, Staging, Production, and COOP environments ensuring the completion of all necessary testing, documentation, and readiness stage gates prior to migrations
- Collaborate with key development and quality assurance stakeholders in developing and executing a robust test and release process
- Facilitate resolution of deployment problems with Development, Quality Assurance, and Infrastructure teams
- Provide management status reports on release progress
- Coordinate release package acceptance, including business and stage gate sign offs
- Coordinate the receipt of release deliverables, including source code, implementation plans, and related system documentation
- Work closely with the Solution Architect, Development, and Testing leads to implement DevSecOps for release deployments
Required skills and experience include
- Bachelor's’ Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other engineering or technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Release Management performing responsibilities similar to those described for this role
- 3+ years of experience as an Analyst or Developer on projects utilizing Agile Scrum methodology for system development with scale and scope similar to the BPA
At Spry, we believe talented and dedicated employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of our success. We are committed to crafting a diverse and inclusive workplace that endorses engagement, creativity, quality and innovation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, we evaluate qualified candidates in full consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other protected status.