What you will do
In this position you will be responsible for the release management activities related to the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) controlled subscriptions. You will ensure industry best practices and regulatory compliance. You will coordinate with dispersed engineering groups as we deploy products. This includes planning, scheduling, and implementation coordination of all releases into the environments.
How you will do it
- Define and maintain release and change management standards, policies and procedures for SRE organization
- Own the Release Management lifecycle, including scheduling release windows, cycles, and post-release support. Releases include application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, projects and programs, etc.
- Own CAB (Change advisory board) meetings. Act as Gatekeeper for the delivery of all releases into the controlled environments and ensure compliance to the applicable regulatory requirements, adherence to pre-release criteria, standards and deliverables, and tracking of the release deployments.
- Manage production release scope, risks, issues, and communications
- Responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code/configuration through development, test, and production environments
- Define rollback policies and procedures, ensure roll back plans are included in CAB reviews.
- Conduct release readiness reviews, phase gate reviews, and go/no-go reviews
- Measure, monitor and report release effectiveness and metrics
- Manage relationships and Coordinate release plans between engineering, SRE and all dependent teams.
- Act as communication lead, own communication templates, notification lists and quality of communications.
- Uphold IT compliance with change management processes and policies
- Project manage and act as Scrum Master for the SRE deliverables, projects, CI/CD activities and Release management activities.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, and drive automation in release management.
- Knowledge and Experience with engineering, digital applications/products and corresponding infrastructure.
- Own resource management activities
- Solid technical background to understand the code/configuration releases, dependencies, conflicts, code merges and CI/CD etc.
- Ensure changes and applications are transitioned to SRE support organization with zero risks, and transitions are well coordinated and managed.
- Support the end-to-end process for production issue resolution including intake, classification, testing, and resolution of product defects.
- Performs monthly audits and documents results according to compliance requirements
- Work on process standardization activities for SRE
- Performs regular process reviews and drives continuous improvements
- Experience with code repository and deployment tools, service management tools like jira and service now.
What we look for
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in Information Technology (IT) or related area
- Experience with Release planning and management of on-premise and major cloud provider infrastructure, digital and engineering products/applications
- 5 years of experience in a customer support, project management, operations, or related area
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience managing cross-functional programs and teams
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with tools like jira, service now. Good knowledge on code repository, deployment and automation tools
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.