The Mueller Company is headquartered in Atlanta, GA and manufactures valves for water and gas systems, including iron gate, butterfly, tapping, check, plug, and ball valves, as well as dry-barrel and wet-barrel fire hydrants; pipe repair products, such as clamps and couplings used to repair leaks, as well as municipal castings, including manhole covers and street drain grates; and residential and commercial water meter products and systems. It also offers metering, leak detection, pipe condition assessment, and other products and services for the water infrastructure industry, as well as provides installation, replacement, and maintenance services on new and existing valves, fire hydrants, and service lines.
The Reliability Engineer is responsible to identify the pro-active maintenance requirements for assets to increase plant productivity, maximize reliability performance in a sustainable way and to capture all opportunities to improve processes while reducing total cost. This will be achieved through actions to review and update the site criticality assessment, implement/review the Equipment Reliability Strategy (ERS) program to ensure appropriate deployment, evaluate proactive work results, follow up with appropriate action to restore asset integrity and carry out investigations into failures to eliminate their root causes.
- Support with reliability knowledge the execution of the asset criticality, as part of the Asset Health Assurance Model.
- Determine the function, capability, functional failure modes, probability of failure, impact severity and acceptable risk for assets to define the right maintenance requirements to eliminate functional failures and their effects.
- Establish a systematic PM/PdM review process with support from the Planner to ensure the effectiveness of the existing PM/PdM program.
- Review and contribute to Equipment Reliability Strategies.
- Coordinate PdM efforts on site to measure and secure an upward trend of the Asset Health.
- Ensure appropriate follow up recommendations and actions from the inspection program of assets.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement of Asset Health to optimize plant uptime.
- Support the work preparation process to ensure job plans are prepared that explains the correct proactive tasks for effective work execution.
- Support maintenance tasks aligned with the reliability improvement: improvement tasks, Inventory Management, RCA, RCM, 5Why, 5S, and Precision Maintenance skills improvement using reliability knowledge.
- Lead, as required, the RCFA and RCM processes within Maintenance organization using cross functional teams to ensure appropriate changes to the PM/ PdM program or plant modifications are made which improve reliability and reduce avoidable maintenance costs.
- Participate in and take relevant agreed actions for OPEX team meetings to ensure equipment capabilities and help to develop a culture focused on solutions.
- Keep appropriate records to track program or equipment changes.
- Coach site personnel in the reliability work processes to ensure continued alignment to the Asset Health Assurance model.
- Propose replacement projects based on asset health and conditions for the respective area of responsibility.
- Establish cycles of improvement to ensure a sustainable reliability process.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Technical Competence: Applies and improves extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills and judgment to accomplish a result or to accomplish one's job effectively.
- Innovation: Continuously looks for better ways to satisfy our consumers, both internal and external, with incremental improvements in safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Teamwork: Is able to lead and/or participate on cross functional teams to achieve a common goal.
- Extensive knowledge of Maintenance Management System.
- Associates Degree in an engineering discipline (preferably mechanical or electrical); Bachelor's preferred.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees and outside professionals.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks and determine priorities.
- Five plus years’ maintenance experience in a union manufacturing environment involving high speed machining and foundry operations.
- Outstanding PC/Systems knowledge and skills.
- Experiencing in resolving complex maintenance situations.
- CMRP or CRL certification