The Reliability Engineer will be a part of the Fiber Plant Technology department providing technical leadership for using predictive technologies to detect potential failures. This individual will work with the operating and maintenance personnel, engineering and suppliers to determine and implement improved engineered designs and procedures based on studying the operation and failures to lower costs and improve equipment reliability and energy efficiency.
- Provide support in the manufacturing of optical fiber with a focus on Equipment Reliability
- Work with leadership to develop and execute plans to achieve world class performance
- Ensure compliance with requirements in 40 CFR 261-265 concerning hazardous wastes including but not limited to: labeling, storage and transportation of hazardous wastes from production areas to Waste Storage Pad
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to solve operational and department problems with permanent solutions. Provide recommendations for major modifications, renovations, installations, additions and replacements of facilities and equipment.
- Develop, coordinate and support predictive maintenance practices to identify pending equipment failures
- Ensure all product meets requirements as defined by the Plant’s Quality Management Systems
- Comply with all applicable safety procedures and ISO14001 EMS guidelines
- Perform delay, outage and maintenance cost analysis and facilitate improvement plans with operations and maintenance.
- Analyze equipment repair history, costs and repetitive repairs to develop/implement proactive repair planning.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or a member of management
- Must complete OJT for specific job classification, as required, in a timely manner
- Fiber optic manufacturing experience required
- Chiller maintenance and optimization experience preferred
- Experience with pollution control equipment (Baghouse, Scrubber etc…) preferred
- Compressor maintenance and optimization experience preferred
- High purity piping and gas delivery systems preferred
- Fire detection equipment experience preferred
- Experience with power distribution systems and UPS systems preferred
- Strong data analysis and excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of basic statistical tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required