Reliability Engineer (Electrical)- (White Springs, Florida, U.S.A)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Track Production losses and abnormally high maintenance cost assets, then find ways to reduce those losses or high costs, these losses are prioritized to focus efforts on the largest/most critical opportunities
- Manage risk to the achievement of an organization's strategic objectives in the areas of environmental health and safety, asset capability, quality and production, tools used to identify and reduce risk may include:
- PHA - Preliminary hazards analysis
- FMECA - Failure mode. affects and criticality analysis
- SFMEA - Simplified failure modes and effects analysis
- MI - Maintainability information
- FTA - Fault tree analysis
- ETA - Event tree analysis
- RCM - Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Be involved and the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and modification of existing assets with a goal of assuring and/or improving reliability of current and future assets
- Execute tasks in a manner that assures timely, economical, and safe completion in accordance with applicable codes and other requirements
- Act as a liaison with Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering, coordinating the work of internal personnel when necessary, and controlling operating costs
- Develop specific verifiable economic justifications for projects with maintenance, engineers and other plant personnel
- Develop and standardize program, which influences new construction and equipment purchases including materials, equipment, and spare parts
- Develop a plan to eliminate or reduce loses through root cause analysis
- Responsible for engineering, maintenance, and reliability of plant electrical power distribution and electrical capital projects
- Monitor and provide engineering technical support for electrical systems including transformers, switchgear, substations, circuit breakers, motor starters, protective relays, SCADA, generators, overhead crane power rectifiers, dragline electrical equipment, controls
- Identify and implement continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives
- Lead failure analysis and vulnerability studies
- Review all equipment failures and etermine what PM action might have been taken to prevent failure in order to protect against reoccurrence
- Review downtime reports and equipment histories to identify reoccurring maintenance problems requiring engineering attention
- Work with maintenance planners, as necessary, to develop job scopes for major unique jobs
- Routinely contribute to the planning of realistic production capacity basis upon analysis of preventative maintenance time needs, repair histories, inspection reports, etc
- Apply value analysis to make maintenance decisions, i.e., repair/replace and repair/design
- Identify opportunities for technologies to be updates or better utilized in order to achieve production cost savings, improved through-put or product quality improvements
- Identify potential for cost reduction through extended parts life, reduced labor cost, and other part-related improvement techniques
- Participate in approval of all new installations, including those done by contractors, to ensure their maintainability of equipment, utilities, and facilities
What you will bring:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering with an Electrical Discipline is required
- 10 years combined professional experience in Reliability Engineering and Predictive Maintenance Technologies
- Understand vibration monitoring, ultrasonic and thermal measuring technologies
- Comprehensive knowledge of the specific areas of responsibility, including distribution, motors, med voltage power systems, control and instrumentation
- Tactical and strategic thinking ability, able to develop and execute both short and long term plans
- Knowledge of latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to activities
- Knowledge of latest and emerging industry technologies and methodologies relative to activities
- Experience with CMMS systems and tracking of best practice maintenance activities
- Familiarity with SKM and / or EasyPower modeling as well as current arc flash standards, outage coordination
- Knowledge of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance), preventative and predictive maintenance programs and standards
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran