Reliability Engineer who will support RAM mathematical analysis and technical inputs to system design and detailed designs to ensure a robust, high-level reliable design for maximizing availability and sustainment to minimize the logistics footprint.
- Support RAM prediction and assessment models to at least the subsystem level.
- Support inputs to Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis for early design (functional FMECA) through final design to at least the subsystem level. Track mitigation or elimination of failures modes to assess improvements and update analysis by evaluating test results.
- Prepare reliability mathematical models and/or reliability block diagrams to at least the subsystem level.
- Support the input of Test Incident Reports (TIRs) into Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) database and interface with the design team to address potential failure mode mitigation/elimination to at least the subsystem level.
- Develop and maintain reliability critical items list to at least the subsystem level. Use to assist design influence and track modifications to assist in assessing program success.
- Understand the impact of software in relation to reliability and address software reliability from a design influence perspective to at least the subsystem level.
- Provide assistance to the planning of Reliability Enhancement Testing (RET) and reliability demonstration testing.
- Track and monitor system-level R&M parameters Support Total Ownership Cost Reduction data analyses and assessments to identify LCC reduction candidates.
- Ability to analyze large data sets from a reliability perspective and identify high drivers. Ability to perform reliability tasks such as allocation, predictions, FMECA, and FRACAS. Ability to use reliability and office software tools to perform reliability analyses. Ability to understand and analyze mechanical, electrical, electronic and hydraulic engineering concepts
- 2 or more years of experience in Reliability Engineering.
- Familiarity with WQS reliability software.
- Familiar with other Specialty RAM-T disciplines.
- ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer
BS Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Related Field.