- Religious Studies Faculty JobID: 8014
- Position Type:
High School Teaching
- Date Posted:
Christ the King Jesuit Collge Prep
- Date Available:
- Additional Information:
Christ the King Jesuit College Prep
Faculty Job Description: Religious Studies Department
Position: Faculty-Religious Studies
Reports to: Principal
Start Date: July 2019
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Theology, or a related field with equivalent experience, 2+ years’ experience teaching in a high school setting, Illinois PEL (or other state certification) a plus.
Christ the King Jesuit College Prep, a Catholic school on Chicago’s West Side and a member of the Cristo Rey Network, challenges and inspires its young women and men through the integration of academics, work experience, and extracurricular activities to lead lives of integrity, faith, and servant leadership for the greater glory of God.
We serve students in grades 9-12, through an innovative corporate internship program which allows students from families of limited financial means to earn up to three-quarters of their tuition costs through jobs in professional settings. Christ the King prepares each and every student for college through our rigorous college preparatory curriculum and Corporate Work Study Program. We are proud that each year, every Christ the King graduate is accepted to college. The Class of 2018 marks our seventh consecutive class of 100% acceptance! Not only have all of our graduates been accepted to college, but 94% have enrolled in college after graduation.
Summary: At Christ the King, we deliver rigorous, College Prep instruction to our students in accordance with the Cristo Rey Network and USCCB Curricula, and College Readiness Standards. At the center of our philosophy is cura personalis, or care for the whole person. We foster a student-centered environment, and support all learners toward attaining mastery of critical skills and content to ensure college and career success. We model the Grad at Grad principles to develop learners who are Intellectually Competent, Open to Growth, Loving, Religious, Committed to Justice, and Experienced Workers. With Christ as our foundation and example, we strive to inspire our young women and men to lead lives of integrity, faith, and servant leadership for the greater glory of God.
Strong candidates for faculty positions are those who value community, and believe in the worth, merit, and limitless potential of each individual as a child of God. As such, they are student advocates who bring expert content-knowledge, compassion and enthusiasm to their work, helping our students to hone their God-given talents. Most importantly, they approach their work as a vocation, fully aware that their commitment to excellence is the catalyst for our student’s success. Applicants seeking consideration to join our team are encouraged to visit our website at to learn more about our community prior to submitting a formal application.
- Teach 5 course sections in the Religious Studies Department (options may include Scripture, Church History, Morality, Spirituality, World Religions, or Social Justice Capstone);
- Amend and develop curriculum as needed to support and strengthen the instructional program of Christ the King Jesuit College Prep;
- Actively collaborate with colleagues to support and strengthen the instructional program of Christ the King Jesuit College Prep;
- Actively implement the Code of Conduct and disciplinary procedures as outlined in the Student Handbook and consistent with principles of Restorative Justice;
- Tutor before/after school at assigned times;
- Supervise students before and after school, during lunch periods, religious celebrations, school gatherings, student activities, athletic games, etc., as assigned by administration;
- Demonstrate strong organizational and record-keeping skills, including weekly submission of lesson plans and gradebook updates;
- Demonstrate strong classroom management skills in an environment of respect and rapport;
- Know, teach, and follow school-wide routines and procedures (CTK Non-Negotiables);
- Teach and act consistently in accordance with the stated mission, objectives, and policies of the School as articulated in the Employee Handbook and the Faculty Policies & Procedures;
- Model the “Graduate at Graduation” statement as consistent with Jesuit, Catholic education, and strive to support students in valuing and attaining those qualities;
- Participate in faculty meetings, curriculum development, substitute duties, admissions interviews, intervention planning and implementation, and professional development including, but not limited to, Cristo Rey Network Summer Institutes (dates determined annually each spring), as planned;
- Participate in Faith Formation including, but not limited to, Faculty-Staff Retreats, Ignatian Themes Workshops, and Mission Meetings;
exemplifying—in the Teacher’s own actions—the characteristics of Christian living, including being a leader of
prayer and supporting the liturgical and spiritual life of the School.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, 3-5 professional references, and salary history toAttachment(s):
- Position Type: