We are looking for qualified Remote CDI Specialist to join our team!
Stability & Reputation – Founded in 2004, Peak Health Solutions delivers a superior set of solutions to hospitals that are some of the largest and most prestigious in the country. Peak recognizes coding isn't a project it is a Career! Keeping our coders consistently engaged is the #1 reason coders stay with Peak.
Rare opportunity –This is a unique opportunity to work for some of the nation's top hospitals, you will be a full time employee working 100% remotely from your location while receiving full company benefits. We offer online training and career advancement opportunities. Due to our diverse customer base, a background working with a wide variety of specialties will be required.
Support – Here at Peak, you work directly with a Coding Manager who has walked in your shoes. They will give you the guidance and assistance you need to be successful in your career here with us.
Compensation and Benefits – Peak Health Solutions offers competitive compensation and a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical/Dependent Care)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time-Off, Sick Time, Holidays
- 401k with company match
- High lucrative employee referral bonus program (You keep making money on employees you refer to Peak for the duration of their time with Peak!) – Great people know great people!
- Verizon Discounts
Employee Recognition – Employees will also participate in our company-wide rewards program entitled REACH – Recognizing Excellence, Accomplishments, Character and Hard work!
Facilitates appropriate clinical documentation to support diagnosis capture and to ensure the level of service rendered to all patients is recorded. Identifies and reviews primary and secondary diagnosis and complications to ensure diagnosis documentation and capture through addendums may identify patients who need to be seen. Identify and review for POA (Present on Admission) documentation. Reviews clinical issues with medical coding staff and with physicians to identify those diagnoses that impact severity of illness indicators for each patient. Perform CDI QA reviews, both concurrent, prebill and retrospective
Serves as an expert resource in reviewing all medical records in support of consistent documentation for all payer types (i.e. CMS, Medicare-Advantage, etc) to ensure complete and accurate diagnosis capture and coding. Collaborates in the development of programs which provide alignment with education for internal customers to support clinical documentation guidelines. Communicates information effectively with medical center leaders. Works with Coding Review Manager to develop, implement and monitor departmental policies and procedures that support organizational goals, business objectives, regulatory needs and requirements. Conducts data and root cause analysis, provides feedback and shares findings on the analysis to leaders, local regional management and medical team. Monitor and track verbal and written queries and produce reports as required.
Nursing/clinical 3-5 yrs experience, in patient, clinical documentation, discharge planning, or case management or case/utilization management. Knowledge of MS-DRGs and the payment methodology.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal, non-verbal, and listening skills). Understand Adult Learning Theory.
- Competent computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software. Must have strong analytical skills.
- Understand coding classifications systems such as, but not limited to ICD-9 CM, MS-DRG, HCC strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Proven leadership skills in project management and consulting.
- Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation
- Seasoned coders with clinical knowledge and experience with over 10+ years may also qualify.
Peak Health Solutions, an AMN Healthcare company, is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply
Clinical Documentation Specialist