· Applies critical thinking to complex user requests and provides as much context and information as possible to deliver the best solutions as quickly as possible.
· Troubleshoots client-side network connectivity issues, including digital authentication, remote access, secure Wi-Fi and wired connectivity to the internal network.
· Supports user requests and performs remote installations as needed.
· Assists remote users with access problems ranging from password resets to network access failures.
· Supports messaging & calendaring services and content collaboration.
· Support issues with mobile devices.
· Leads in ticket processes and provides coaching for other technicians when workflow deficiencies are identified.
· Has deep understanding of defined team metrics, such as backlog, aging, effectiveness; this technician then takes actions based on the current trends in Service.
· Attends and participates in weekly team syncs by driving actionable discussions.
· Displays learning agility by actively seeking answers when technically challenged.
· Seeks feedback from other Help Desk Technicians to optimize and improve support, while also maintaining a solid understanding of general user support needs and requirements.
· As a Remote Help Desk Technician, you are the face of IT. Strong interpersonal communication skills with a high degree of empathy is a must.
· Complete understanding of Microsoft OutlookTM client (Windows & Mac) and Outlook Web Access, with experience resolving complex problems and assisting users with advanced functionality.
· Experience in supporting PCs and Windows OS in a commercial or enterprise environment is preferred.
· Applied experience with Microsoft ExchangeTM including a firm understanding of Groups and permissions is key.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Windows is a plus, in issues ranging from resolving registry conflicts to troubleshooting system crashes and performance issues.
· Strong knowledge of supporting iOS and Android devices in a commercial or enterprise environment is preferred.
· Deep understanding of fault domain isolation, and root-cause analysis is essential for success in this role.
· Working knowledge of Active Directory and basic AD administration is desirable.
· Proven experience resolving secure network access problems involving but not limited to digital certificate authentication and client remote access services—either using Juniper Networks or Cisco solutions.
· Working knowledge of video collaboration, including tools like Zoom, BlueJeans Network and WebEx.