We are looking for qualified Inpatient Coders to join our team!
Stability & Reputation – Founded in 2004, Peak Health Solutions delivers a superior set of solutions to hospitals that are some of the largest and most prestigious in the country. Peak recognizes coding isn't a project it is a Career! Keeping our coders consistently engaged is the #1 reason coders stay with Peak.
Rare opportunity –This is a unique opportunity to work for some of the nation's top hospitals, you will be a full time employee working 100% remotely from your location while receiving full company benefits. We offer online training and career advancement opportunities. Due to our diverse customer base, a background working with a wide variety of specialties will be required.
Support – Here at Peak, you work directly with a Coding Manager who has walked in your shoes. They will give you the guidance and assistance you need to be successful in your career here with us.
Compensation and Benefits – Peak Health Solutions offers competitive compensation and a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical/Dependent Care)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time-Off, Sick Time, Holidays
- 401k with company match
- High lucrative employee referral bonus program (You keep making money on employees you refer to Peak for the duration of their time with Peak!) – Great people know great people!
- Verizon Discounts
Employee Recognition – Employees will also participate in our company-wide rewards program entitled REACH – Recognizing Excellence, Accomplishments, Character and Hard work!
- Review inpatient charts to determine all diagnoses/procedure codes and accurate assignment of DRG. Abstract required elements including discharge dispositions.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS coding principles and applications as they relate to acute care hospital coding, clinic coding, and grouping
- Thorough knowledge of Official Coding Guidelines and payer specific requirements
- Ability to effectively utilize computerized encoder and/or other reference guides on-line
- Ability to read, decipher and analyze all aspects of medical record documentation for accurate coding
- Ability to work with high degree of precision, paying attention to detail to achieve the high accuracy levels required.
- Recognize incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous documentation and initiate physician queries as appropriate
- Knowledge of various hospital information systems, encoders and other technologies to facilitate a successful virtual work environment while maintaining maximum communication and adhering to HIPAA security standards
- Ability to work effectively individually as well as in a team environment
- Ability to troubleshoot minor technical issues
- Maintain 95% DRG and overall accuracy rate
- Maintain required productivity standards
- 5+ years working as an Inpatient Coder in an acute care facility, trauma center or teaching facility
- Minimum of successful completion of a coding certificate program in a program with AHIMA approval status
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, certification status preferred
- Coding certification preferred from the American Health Information Management Association
Peak Health Solutions, an AMN Healthcare company, is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply