Sometimes Promoting, Sometimes Recruiting. Always Orange.
About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organizations and communities across the globe.
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange. Always Orange means:
Being dynamic:We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever-changing world.
Being expert:We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together:We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative:We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
About this Job:
Are you currently in the field and you want to bring your expertise indoors? We need someone like you that can troubleshoot from our control center. This is a great opportunity for someone with your background!
The role of theRemote Monitoring Specialistprovides Aggreko customers and internal technical staff with technical assistance pertaining to the performance, operation, and maintenance of Aggreko equipment on a 24 hour basis by being responsible for monitoring, diagnosing and analyzing incoming alarms; following established protocols for troubleshooting issues, escalating unresolved issues and initiating service dispatch; and defining ‘get it right the first time’ maintenance parts, tools, service guides and procedures for Aggreko equipment.
Sound like you? Here’s what you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Drive for Results: Drive for results is a deep-seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve ‘step changes’ in business results. It covers the desire to strive for constant improvement and to continuously redefine what can be achieved both in the market place and with the resources that are available to the individual. Outstanding performers focus their energy on achieving objectives, which support the long-term success of the business. They do this in a way that demonstrates maturity and self-control
- Task Completion: Reliable, Focused, Committed to Completing Tasks
- Resilience:Persistent, positive, self-reliant
- Accountability: Drives better outcomes by taking personal responsibility
- Customer Focus: Understands the importance of customer needs, whether internal or external, focuses on responding to them and develops relationships
- Working Together with Others: Relates to people, engages, builds relationships
We’re Experts. You’ll have the following experience:
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school preferred
- 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience servicing Commercial/Industrial size refrigeration, including HVAC, chillers and boilers
- Able to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts to support 24/7/365 business operations
- Excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills
- Skilled at communicating with various personnel at multiple levels
- Responding with a sense of urgency
- Ability to translate analytical data into useful information
- PC literacy in a Microsoft or ERP system environment
- Ability to use web-based SCADA type systems, ERP systems (MOVEX) and analytical tools such as ABI or equivalent
- Fluent in Spanish language desired
Your key responsibilities:
We’re Dynamic & Innovative. In an ever-changing business you will be nimble in seizing opportunities to pioneer effective ways to meet and exceed your responsibilities:
- Use Aggreko Remote Monitoring (“ARM”) system to remotely monitor Aggreko power and air handling equipment
- Respond to alarms per established procedures and protocols
- Responsible for reporting malfunctions and irregularities to the customer and for ensuring that service issues are satisfactorily resolved
- Proactively alert customers about problems
- Track alarm events utilizing Tracker Technology and remote monitoring equipment; Escalate alarm events, and, initiate service dispatch
- Document events thoroughly utilizing appropriate software and system tools
- Monitor the case to ensure issue is being completed in a timely manner
- Receive feedback from field technicians on service resolution and adjust service guides as necessary
- Utilizing remote technology, troubleshoots and commissions equipment
- Analyze collected data and report anomalies to identified source(s)
- Monitor service requirements for equipment on customer sites and recommend action to appropriate operations manager
- Develop and maintain trouble shooting guide based on equipment alarm data trends
- Use the trouble shooting guide to direct appropriate personnel to efficiently handle equipment issue
- Participate in regular meetings with relevant departments to discuss ongoing trends
The people you’ll work with:
We’re Together.In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the success of your colleagues and interact with the wider Aggreko team.
Other information you should know:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent periods are spent sitting and standing in the same location. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to move about or lift light objects (typically less than 15 lbs.)
The regular work environment is usually an office setting with conditions typical of an office. The employee may infrequently be exposed to other conditions, such as outside weather conditions. The work environment usually has a quiet to moderate noise level. You may be asked or required to work after regular business hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
This information should not be construed as the position’s exclusive standards. Performing other assigned duties is required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employees are responsible for knowing and following all company policies and procedures and Federal, State, and Local governmental regulations including Environmental Health and Safety requirements while working and representing Aggreko.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, plus bonus
- Company benefit plans (medical, dental, life, disability, vision)
- Paid leave (vacation, personal)
- 401K plan with company match
At Aggreko, we’re leading with confidence, bringing advanced rental energy solutions to the world, and providing you with pathways for success.If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please submit your resume today.
Aggreko is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.