Initiate Government Solutions, LLC, an Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business, is currently recruiting for the position of a remote Full Stack .Net Developer to support our work with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Informatics and Computing Infrastructure (VINCI) project.
The Veterans Informatics and Computing Infrastructure (VINCI) mission is to provide high-quality data, openly extensible information technology, and supporting services to generate and integrate new knowledge, methods, and technologies for research and medical-care communities to assess and improve Veterans’ healthcare. VINCI’s vision is to be part of a vital private-public community in which open-source, open-standards technologies along with commercial offerings, provide a foundation for a generation of new content, data analysis and various technologies to promote transparent and reproducible health science and business intelligence.
- Must create software development plans and strategies.
- Oversee work of developers.
- Conduct quality control of software development.
- Conduct proactive risk identification and mitigation of software development process.
- Rigorously test code and user interfaces
- Must be have experience in developing and implementing algorithms.
- Must have experience in database design.
- Knowledge of SOAP and REST API’s
- Write code documentation
- Web development and environment setup within a secure environment (SSL/TLS)
- Must have experience in devising possible solutions to predicted problems, evaluating other options; working as part of a team, which may be established purely for a particular project, to write a specific section of the program; combining all elements of the program design and testing it; testing sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended.
- Use of Agile software development methodology for software development life cycle (SDLC)
Additional Job Requirements:
- BS Degree; computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
- At least 15 years of experience; 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Must have an active VA Public Trust, or be able to obtain one
Initiate Government Solutions offers 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental and Vision Plans, Life and Disability insurance (and more).
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.