We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our clinical department defines, develops and delivers clinical programmes. We ensure the highest-quality review of data and effective interaction with study sites, including on-site monitoring throughout a study, ensuring that patients receive needed care, as well as identifying and treating clinical trial participants.
We are now hiring a Remote Site Monitor (home-based) in Thessaloniki, Greece.
As a Remote Site Monitor (RSM), you will use a variety of tools and technologies to review study data. You will interact with study sites via phone, supporting the site teams and monitoring subject enrollment for the study. As an RSM you embody ethical research and business conduct, ensuring we never compromise quality or patient safety.
Grow within the RSM career path as a Senior or Principal RSM, develop into a Clinical Research Associate, or move into other roles or departments within Global Clinical Development.
- Performs remote site management activities on assigned project(s) in accordance with FDA and/or local regulations and guidelines, ICH GCPs and PPD procedural documents.
- Reviews study data from various sources remotely.
- Contacts study sites to collect study documentation, resolves issues and requests outstanding information.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a life science field
- Previous experience in a similar role would be highly appreciated
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic medical/therapeutic area knowledge and understanding of medical terminology
- Ability to attain and maintain a working knowledge of FDA and/or local regulation and guidelines, ICH GCPs and PPD procedural documents
- Ability to successfully complete PPD’s Clinical Foundation Training Program (CFP)
- Ability to evaluate medical research data
- Ability to advise, counsel, and motivate investigational sites
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with medical personnel
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Proven flexibility and adaptability
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team or independently, as required
- Good computer skills with good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn appropriate software
- Ability to extract pertinent information from all study documents, such as protocols, electronic study data systems, CTMS and dashboard
- Excellent English language and grammar skills
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.