For 20 years, Green Mountain Energy has led the fight against anthropogenic climate change. We are America's renewable energy leader, offering consumers an easy way to support clean power, and now more than ever we need individuals with excellent interaction skills, and who are passionate about preserving the environment, to join our team!
The Sales Agent for Green Mountain will be responsible for generating face-to-face conversations with prospective customers to promote and sell products and services in various settings. The primary goal is to acquire new customers and enroll them.
Available positions in: Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Columbia, Green, Rensselaer, and Albany Counties.
• Opportunity to work at fun events alongside fun colleagues
• Flexible hours and work days (weekday afternoons/evenings and weekends)
• Personal satisfaction of knowing that you are making an environmental/health difference!
• Good pay and performance based bonus potential (base commission with bonus)
• 401K benefits available, one year eligibility requirements
• Ability to work independently while being part of a team
This position mainly involves face-to-face interaction behind booths at set venues (It does NOT involve door-to-door or telemarketing activity).
• Sincere desire to help protect the environment
• Basic understanding/knowledge of renewable energy
• Intelligent & articulate, with strong aptitude for understanding technology
• Friendly, outgoing personality with good sense of humor
• High level of personal integrity (honesty and reliability are a must)
• Has to be over 18 with a GED
• Available to work evenings and/or weekends, 12-30 hours/wk
• Available at least three to five days per week
• Access to RELIABLE transportation and personal e-mail account
• EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
SCHEDULING: is flexible, part-time, and coordinated week by week. Availability can be anywhere from 12-30 hours a week. Minimum requirement: 1 weekend day availability (Friday-Sunday)
- Based on information provided by the customers, discuss and assist customers’ fit to match with the most suitable price plan and promotion/incentive
- Achieve and maintain set performance metrics while providing best-in-class service
- Efficiently navigate order entry system(s) as necessary
- Utilize and exercise compliance standards for securing customer information
- Abide by site rules and regulations, including all company safety rules/regulations
May occasionally require lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities
Working onsite at assigned location(s) or event(s) both indoors and outdoors
Must have reliable transportation
This position is a part-time position eligible for commission incentives and/or targets provided by the Team Leads and/or Area Managers