A New Jersey real estate services firm has a position open for an experienced Rental Agent at a garden apartment community, located in Monmouth County, NJ.
The Rental Agent will be responsible for ensuring the efficient, day-to-day management of the leasing office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Make sales presentations to prospective tenants via telephone and/or in person to rent apartments.
- Actively seek and explore possible sources of new tenants.
- Prepare all rental documentation from lease applications through the final lease agreement package, complete move-in and move-out process with tenants.
- Prepare and serve appropriate Notices to tenants when necessary.
- Effectively handle Tenant requests, issues, and concerns in a professional, diplomatic manner.
- Keep accurate record of the status of all apartments as required by management.
- Assist maintenance supervisor with scheduling contractors, inspections, contacting Township, County and State Officials when necessary, and any other duties deemed necessary.
- Work directly with maintenance team to ensure all apartments are repaired and market ready in a timely manner.
- Manage service requests, including documenting, delegating and ensuring completion.
- Inspect units to ensure readiness and adherence to company standards.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management skills to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must be organized and able to multi-task.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and overall computer skills.
- Must be a team player while also having the ability to work independently.
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment.
- Prior sales or leasing experience.
- Previous customer service experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
This position comes with an excellent compensation package and a full line of benefits including health, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance, 401k Plan with matching contribution, credit union membership, paid time off and paid holidays.