Carrington maintains the necessary infrastructure to ensure stability and maximize value during any market cycle. We are a fully integrated mortgage company supporting our customers by providing a broad range of real estate services encompassing nearly all aspects of single family residential real estate transactions in the United States.
Our Mortgage Servicing platform has continued to grow by focusing resources on excellent execution of our key competencies, including customer service, delinquency management, default management, loan administration, analytics and investor reporting – all while preserving home ownership and providing world-class servicing. We’re always building our mortgage business with our customers in mind. Join us.
The REO Specialist will assist with managing the CMS REO portfolio. Monitor and audit individual REO transactions to ensure compliance with investor standards, review and approve list/sales prices, review and approve repair bids/invoices, reconcile sales proceeds, review contracts/HUD’s/Deed for accuracy and liaison between CMS REO management and vendors. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Review and approve marketing plans submitted by asset management vendors.
- Audit all incoming inventory to ensure that the property should be in REO and assign to correct vendor.
- Perform detailed review of REO bids and review to ensure compliance of investor guidelines.
Research invoicing issues as they arise; and ensure resolution by the responsible entity (e.g., field services, and/or asset management firm).
- Identify trends or breach of investor guidelines and report incidents to management.
- Analyze estimates, recommend and negotiate fees for services related to property maintenance and repairs.
- Prepare reporting and analysis of the REO portfolio, as needed.
- Maintain data through various systems including Equator, Fiserv/MortgageServ, Tempo and LenStar.
- Be thoroughly versed with investor guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience; college preferred.
- One (1) to two (2) years of loan servicing experience or REO/foreclosure management experience.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of current market-based fees for services related to property maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of FiServ/MortgageServ, LenStar, New Invoice, and Equator preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required.
- Advanced negotiation skills and independent critical thinking required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.