Charlie’s Produce is the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage and Los Angeles. The secret to our 35 + years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees!
Exempt/Non-Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Division: Irwindale, CA
Schedule: Start Time at 5AM-Finish. Must be able to work weekends.
Job Description: Under general supervision, the repack position is responsible for packing produce by the client’s request; responsible for properly securing the produce in the pallets. Ensures sanitation of work area. This position requires to work in a refrigerated warehouse at 36 degrees. Warehouse experience helpful but not necessary
- Repacking and labeling produce
- Package product with speed and accuracy
Able to distinguish different types of produce by color, size, and name
- Shred cardboard materials for use as packaging
- Identifies produce by size and weight for appropriate packaging.
- Distinguishes special packaging for Customer and packs the orders accordingly
- Verifies packing reports for specific instructions such as, quantities, etc.
- Distinguishes bags which need UPC labels for store and delivery scanning
- Lifting repetitively up to 50lbs
- Keeps work area free of litter and debris
- Complies with safety procedures in the workplace
- Performs other duties as assigned, may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
- High achiever/performer-strive for maximum service needs
- Trench worker willing and ready to perform any job necessary
- Ability to work as a team member-works as a co-worker
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to follow written or verbal instructions
- Ability to understand and follow all safety rules, procedure manuals, and diagrams
- Hand and finger movement is required frequently to pack produce and distinguish produce types
- Lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs occasionally
- These functions require the employee to be standing or walking 100% of the time