Job Title: Repair Technician - no experience required
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
*You DO NOT have to have surgical instrument repair experience to be considered for this position*
Individuals with experience working in HVAC repair, general maintenance and installation, jewelry repair, welding, automotive, residential home repair, plumbing, electrical, small engine repair, computer repair, equipment repair, diesel repair, machine repair, aviation repair, hospital sterile processing, etc. often have transferable skills into this position.
The primary role of the Repair Technician is to perform repairs on medical instrumentation. Technicians will be trained to become familiar with various types of surgical instruments and understand how to best maintain and repair them. Repairs are completed on a repair truck onsite at a hospital or surgery center. In addition to repair work, Technicians may work with a team including Sales Representatives and RCs (Repair Consultants/Managers) to identify and capitalize on revenue opportunities. Travel requirements may vary by location.
Click the link below to watch a short video that explains more about this opening!
- Identifies surgical instruments by various type, use and functionality. Inspects instruments to determine what type of repair and/or adjustment is required.
- Disassembles malfunctioning medical instruments, troubleshoots and uses standardized testing procedures and examines/ tests mechanisms for defects.
- Replaces or repairs defective parts; may require modification or manufacturing replacement components. Reassembles medical instruments or equipment and tests assembly for conformance to specifications.
- Adjusts calibration to ensure functioning within specified standards.
- Works with RC to manage and balance workload to minimize Customer disruption.
- Exercises mechanical skills for precision, alignment, sharpening and repair of surgical instruments.
- Completes all necessary paperwork (i.e., logging instruments and completed repairs).
- High School Diploma or GED
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Good hand/eye coordination (manual dexterity), basic organizational and troubleshooting/problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to listen and learn, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work overtime and hours outside normal business hours as needed, based on Customer needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with Customers, peers and management.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Must be able to pass a DOT medical exam.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Nearest Major Market: Charleston West Virginia
Job Segment: Technician, Repair, Medical, Maintenance, Electrical, Technology, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Engineering