The Denver Post, a subsidiary of MediaNews Group, is seeking a City Desk Reporter Intern to join the team! MediaNews Group offers news reporting and third party advertising and marketing opportunities through its multi-platform products which include: web, mobile, tablet, and print. We are one of the largest media groups in the U.S., serving high-value audiences and connecting advertisers to them. MNG publishes award-winning content (49 Pulitzers) that amasses and engages a nationwide audience via 800 multi-media platforms including web, mobile, social, and print. We are transforming the news industry. #R
The No. 1 newspaper in the Rocky Mountain region, The Denver Post is helping shape the next generation of journalists by offering 10-week paid internships for the summer of 2021. In addition to this position, we are seeking news and features reporting interns. This is a paid internship, but interns will be responsible for their own travel, housing and transportation. The pay is $13.31/hour, approximately $1,064 every two weeks. If you have questions about The Denver Post internships, please send an email to: email@example.com.
- Report on breaking news for online and print.
- Source development and relationship building.
- Contribute to pitching story ideas.
- Photograph and edit images on deadline.
- Applicants should have completed junior year of college before summer 2021.
- A demonstrated interest in print and online journalism.
- Well-versed in basic news writing and AP style.
- A reliable car is required.
- Previous internship at a daily paper is required.
Include in your application:
- A cover letter outlining what you would bring to the position. Attach your cover letter as Page 1 or 2 of your resume in the online application portal.
- A resume that includes three references and links to five of your most recent pieces of work or a link to your personal portfolio website.