Reporting Accountant ACA/ACCA
Dublin city Centre
Excellent Depending on experience
Our clients are Ireland’s number one specialist in Property Development and Management. They now have a requirement for an experienced and highly motivated Reporting Accountant. The person will be a fully qualified Accountant, highly motivated, commercially aware, and capable of assuming a busy leadership role. You are a Qualified Accounting Professional looking for your next challenge. As part of a finance team, the role requires a strong, initiative led, qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) as an essential business reporting partner to take responsibility for delivery of accurate financial information in relation to all activity within business. The successful candidate will have exposure to all aspects of the business and its group activity including new home construction and sales, residential and commercial property management, and administration across several entities.
This role is an essential component of the Finance team, reporting to both the Head of Finance and the CFO. The successful candidate will lead a team within Finance and work closely with our Tax, QS and Sales teams during a period of growth within the construction sector.
· Understanding and reporting on the performance of the business monthly, quarterly, and annually across multiple entities based on the financial information collated
· Delivery of reporting on construction P&L and Balance Sheet movements for monthly management accounts
· Delivery of reporting on Residential, Commercial Portfolio for monthly management accounts
· Delivery of reporting on Site Costs and Overhead for the monthly management accounts
· Delivery of reporting to external funders
· Management and administration of funding for all construction projects, including review of commercial terms of facility agreements
· Finance business partner to various other teams within the business (i.e. sales team, QS team, planning team, tax team)
· Compliance and Audit
· Continuous improvement in all aspects of the finance function including processes and systems
· Preparation of monthly reporting pack for funders and monthly board pack.
· Responsibility for reporting on revenue, profitability and cashflow
· Reviewing and approving monthly creditor runs for construction activities.
· Reviewing and approving monthly funding packs and liaising with external monitors and funders to answer queries
· Monitoring and reviewing new homes revenue including reviewing historic information for accuracy, interaction with sales teams to develop sales forecasts, comparison of forecast to actual data and analysis of variances
· Managing the funding for construction projects including reviewing legal contracts, administration of the legal documentations, liaising with funder and external legal advisors, leading the funding team, ensuring all conditions for funding are met, monitoring all construction funding facilities
· Responsible for managing the working capital funds and maintaining adequate levels of funds to allow the construction business to operate effectively
· Reviewing budget to actual income, spend and project cashflows on a monthly basis and preparing commentary on any variances
· Management and analysis of live Work in Progress and project costs for all projects ensuring accuracy of live information across the full spectrum of management information systems. This involves working closely with our QS and Data Capture teams
· Review of Residential and Commercial Reporting Pack for monthly management accounts
· Review of Indirect Land Costs and Overhead Pack for monthly management accounts
· Preparation of statutory accounts and preparation of audit files for the annual audit and working with the auditors to ensure all queries are answered satisfactorily
· Preparation of internal analytics for the board of directors on the performance of all entities each year prepared off statutory accounts.
· The provision of other adhoc financial information and reporting as required for the business
· Working closely with our Data Analyst on improved Financial Reporting across the management information systems
NUMBER OF YEARS PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
The candidates should have the following abilities and experience:
· Qualified ACA/ACCA accountant
· Min 5 years PQE in a relevant finance role
· Strong IT systems and application skills and knowledge of accounting software
· Attention to detail
· Highly organised with ability to plan and prioritise workloads effectively for maximum impact and adapt around changing priorities as required
· A self-starter, able to work collaboratively as a key member of our finance team
· Ability to obtain and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with external stakeholders such as funders, external monitors, sub-contractors and other.
CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org