Reporting Financial Analyst III
Los Angeles, CA
Job ID 2020-4996
Solugenix is assisting a client, a prestigious health insurance company, in their search for a Reporting Financial Analyst III. This is a 6-month contract opportunity based out of Los Angeles, CA. The Reporting Financial Analyst III is responsible for the management and preparation of all month-end financial activity reports.
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Related Field In lieu of degree, equivalent education and/or experience may be considered.
- Education Preferred: Master's Degree in Finance or Related Field.
- Experience Required: At least 3-5 years of finance or managed healthcare experience with the demonstrated experience on the following list of stated knowledge, experience, and/ or skills.
- Preferred experience with MHC, Trizetto, BI360.
- Skills Required: Strong accounting, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Excellent data management/database skills.
- Must have advanced PC Skills (Excel, Word, Access) ASP, and SQL or Monarch.
- Must be familiar with claim CPT/ICD 10 codes.
- Strong Health Care industry knowledge.
- Preferred: Medi-Cal and Medicare knowledge.
- QNXT application knowledge.
- Licenses/Certifications Preferred: Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- This position will review and provide a detailed explanation of the variance report to support trend analysis on Revenue, Capitation, Shared Risk, Pharmacy, and claims.
- This position will provide ad hoc analysis to support operational requests as they relate to the product lines and/or implemented pilots, contracts with Participating Physician Groups (PPGs), hospitals, and ancillary providers.
- This position will work with Financial Compliance on rate setting, PPG audits, and Internal/External audits.
- This position will work closely with other departments to coordinate reporting requests and ensure a complete understanding of variances is documented.
- This position will work with the Revenue unit to validate the Medicare HCC scores.
- Develops and maintains assigned databases, reports, reconciliations in Excel, Access, and SQL SSRS and SSIS for internal and external consumption.
- Assists management with reports, reconciliations, and monthly closings.
- Provides ad hoc analysis to support operational requests as they relate to the Client’s LOBs, claims, contracts with Participating Physician Groups (PPGs), hospitals, and ancillary providers.
- Audits and validates data for conversion and import.
- Prepares monthly Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) submissions and assists with all other state or federal submissions and audits.
- Develops, interprets, and implements financial concepts for financial reporting and control.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
About the Client
Our client is one of the world's leading health insurance company based out of Los Angeles, CA.
For over 50 years, Solugenix has been a global technology development and services firm with locations in California, Arizona, India, and the Dominican Republic. As a pioneer in Professional Staffing and IT Consulting, we have partnered with some of the biggest global corporations across many industries. Our history was built on a foundation of partnerships with global brands like McDonald’s, Microsoft, CIT Group, Johnson & Johnson, Herbalife, Sony Pictures Entertainment, and many others who look to Solugenix to be their trusted partner in providing professional staffing, non-IT and IT solutions.
We live our core values in everything that we do, starting with “doing the right thing” for our employees/contractors and “committing to client success”. This is a big part of how we continue to make lists like “2019 Forbes Small Giants”. We also forge strategic partnerships with vendors and corp-to-corp candidates (C2C) that share our core values and encourage you to partner with us.
In addition to generating ground-breaking, industry-defining solutions for our clients and our own projects, we partner with clients with whom we share core values and a common professional culture to help them find talent for their valuable opportunities. At Solugenix, we invest in the personal development and growth of every individual. While this is a position with one of our esteemed clients, Solugenix will continue to invest in your personal growth and development, providing you with a successful career as well as ensuring client success.