Weichert Workforce Mobility is hiring a Resale Accountant to work at its corporate headquarters in Morris Plains, NJ. The Resale Accountant is responsible for performing a final accounting audit of real estate transactions for the benefit of corporate clients. The position coordinates the final accounting process which includes financial analysis, as well as the preparation of detailed reconciliations and statements delineating the expenses incurred to purchase and sell corporate employee homes via the Homesale Assistance Program.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reconciles HUD-1 Settlement Statements to customer's final Equity Calculation Statement.
- Reviews and verifies vendor invoices and financial data provided by mortgage companies, tax offices, and attorneys and ensures information is properly coded.
- Calculates and assesses service fees and interest on funds in accordance with Relocation Services Agreements. Where applicable, issues credits for referral income received.
- Ensures clients with special terms receive their invoices in a timely manner.
- Processes credit adjustments that come in after a final resale invoice has been completed.
- Generates Homesale Cost Reports for corporate clients on a semi-annual basis.
- Performs special analyses of various Homesale programs for existing and prospective clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Previous experience in an accounting role preferred
- Basic understanding of taxes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Good math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.