Immediate Opening in Occupational Medicine
Come join CORE, the recognized leader in Occupational Medicine. Our nationwide occupational medicine platform provides the full spectrum of occupational medicine services to numerous Fortune 500 companies, NASA, and other industry leaders. Since our founding, CORE has focused on providing high quality occupational healthcare services that meet the mission, goals, and values of our clients. This partnership has allowed us to expand into a nationally recognized occupational healthcare provider.
We are looking for an experienced Part-time or Full-Time Rescue Technician/EMT to join our Medical Rescue Division located in the Houston, TX area. In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our professionals the opportunity to establish close relationships with the people they treat, in the place where they spend significant time: at work.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Assists in assessing potential hazards and drafts a Confined Space Rescue Preplan and a Rescue Safety Analysis. Identifies and communicates potential hazards to all affected parties. Determines hazard controls and emergency contingency plans and ensures that required safety equipment and PPE is readily available and in good working order. May conduct general air quality monitoring and make recommendations for hazard control or personal protective equipment based on the interpretation of this data. Conducts daily job briefings with customer and workers.
- Performs on-going monitoring of job conditions and equipment resources and reports observations and recommendations to supervisor to assure both worker and team safety is maintained at all times. Completes daily ICS (Incident Command System) reports.
- In case of accident, locates the patient, assesses any injuries, packages for extrication, removes patient from the threatening environment and provides medical attention and transports to field clinic. Renders first aid and CPR to the level of training.
- Follows handling, inspection, cleaning and preventative maintenance guidelines for all rescue equipment so that it is in a constant state of readiness
- Maintains and accurately inventories and documents all rescue related equipment.
- Report daily to Principal Contractor, Project Site Representative, or Designated alternate to determine the scope of work and assistance required for the project
- Acknowledge safety responsibilities, defined by the principal contractor and regulatory agencies prior to commencing work on the project
- Hazard Awareness and Communications
- Site Specific Safety Rules
- Perform gas monitor field calibration
- Follows Compliance programs and all Federal and State regulatory guidelines.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Possesses critical reasoning skills and is capable of applying them effectively in stressful situations.
- Displays confidence and accepts the challenge and high degree of responsibility entailed in this position.
- Demonstrates effective communication (verbal, written & listening) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the petrochemical, municipal or industrial safety equipment industry.
- Ability to inspect, clean and perform preventative maintenance on all rescue equipment so that it is in a constant state of readiness.
There will be a physical assessment completed for this job.
Travel is expected for this position. Work location will vary.
High school diploma or equivalent
State license in EMT-Paramedic or EMT-Basic - preferred
First Responder & CPR Minimum - preferred
Hazardous Material Training, Awareness level or higher
OSHA Safety training or similar (OSHA-10, or 30-hour classes etc.)
Industrial work experience
Valid driver's license from state of residence. Must possess good driving record and be insurable for CORE vehicle insurance while driving company truck.
CORE Employee development programs include the following basics:
- Technician or Operations level confined Space Rescue training
- Gas monitor calibration/operation
- Technician or Operations level high angle rescue training
- Technician or Operations level trench rescue training
Healthcare Provider CPR, EMT-Paramedic or Basic, Rescue Technician, Emergency response experience (Fire, EMS, Law Enforcement), Military Service with an honorable discharge. Strong computer and Internet skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, as well.