Research Advancement Specialist
Arizona State University
Sch Sustain Engr & Built Envrn
$38,160 - $53,000 per year; DOE
The School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment seeks a candidate that enjoys being part of a collaborative team environment supporting directly, researchers who are making globally impactful advances in research. The candidate should be someone that has attention to detail, is looking to grow in a career profession with opportunities for growth, demonstrates excellent customer service skills, values continuous improvement, and enjoys problem solving.
The position is primarily dedicated to pre-award proposal management but may include limited post-award functions. Under administrative direction, this position has the responsibility in the development, preparation, and submission of sponsored project proposals to various funding agencies.
- Performing funding searches to help identify potential opportunities for faculty
- Reviewing funding announcements and providing guidance on eligibility and sponsor requirements for proposal submission with oversight
- Providing a high level of service to faculty and researchers
- Creating proposal plans/checklists for the proposal submission
- Contacting sponsors for clarification of application guidelines
- Providing assistance in drafting budgets and budget justifications with oversight
- Preparing sponsor specific budget forms with oversight
- Assisting sub-recipients with questions related to completing sub-recipient commitment forms with oversight
- Assisting and completing all administrative sponsor required forms and review for compliance with oversight
- Completing and routing all internal forms for approval with oversight
- Uploading files to sponsor portals for sponsors requiring electronic submission with oversight
- Submitting applications to Office of Research and Sponsored Project Administration for review, signature, and transmittal to sponsor with oversight
- Acts as administrative resource to research investigators; providing assistance, guidance and counsel during proposal development to federal, state, and private funding agencies with oversight
- In conjunction with and in support of ORSPA, providing assistance and support securing additional information during award negotiations as necessary with oversight
- Assisting with post submission action items requested by the sponsor such as Just- In- Time requests, revised budgets, scope of work, and additional certifications with oversight
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Bachelor's degree in a related field. One year directly related experience; OR Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in sponsored projects or proposal development
- Evidence of effective written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of a high level of customer service
- Experience working in higher education
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic project management concepts and practices
- Experience in using organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to navigate environments with evolving priorities
- Ability to understand user needs, requirements and requests to identify priorities; escalates urgent/conflicting requests
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective professional working relationships
- Experience in preparing detailed documents, reports, and/or related materials
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, ADOBE, and data base systems
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended period of sitting.
- Use office equipment including a desktop computer.
- Lift up to 20 pounds.
- Clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
- Work both independently or within a complex structured team.
- Normally receives no instructions on routine work and general instructions on new assignments with review of completed tasks.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
The School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment (SSEBE) is one of six schools within the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering on the Tempe Campus. From models that simulate complex systems and incorporate emerging knowledge to lifecycle assessments to green buildings and energy systems that protect human health and earth system processes, SSEBE faculty and students are helping to create tomorrow’s world. In the process we are developing the new field of sustainable engineering and construction which incorporates these key elements:
- Analysis of complex urban systems that involves quantification of risk and uncertainty in engineering design and construction.
- Development of green technologies from novel materials.
- Biotechnological approaches to carbon and nitrogen cycle management.
- And design for disassembly of urban infrastructure.
- Application of sustainable practices in all areas of urban infrastructure (water resources and treatment, geotechnical management, transportation materials and analysis of transportation systems, novel composite materials, construction “green” building techniques, building information modeling (BIM), and computation approaches to design).
- Partnerships with industry and municipal governments.
Faculty, staff and students are excited about our vision and the new opportunities SSEBE creates for these—and other—areas at the forefront of the emerging area of sustainable engineering and construction. We hope that you share this vision and invite you to join us as our new school forges ahead.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Arizona State University is committed to providing safety and security resources and information for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), ASU publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which includes safety and security policies and procedures, crime and fire prevention information, crime and fire statistics, and numerous resources for current and prospective students and employees. To access the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report online, visit https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf . A hard copy of this report may be obtained, free of charge, by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456 or by visiting the ASU Police Department at 325 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, Arizona, during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply, please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs under Careers at ASU, click “External Staff” and enter ReqID# 49552BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=3740333_5494
Depends on experience