Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Research Analyst at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to efficiently research and utilize delegated authority to resolve a wide range of problems in response to PenFed staff and direct member inquires via PenFed’s various delivery channels, including email, telephone, mail, or branch visit.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Research and resolve a wide variety of complex problems and inquiries related to loan and deposit accounts, including Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA), certificate, share, and checking accounts.
- Perform monetary and/or specialized account maintenance in PenFed systems in response to member requests. Prepare and balance General Ledger transaction related to account corrections on a regular basis.
- Utilize a wide range of proprietary and vendor computer applications including DOS-based core banking system (Hogan)
- Regularly consider and approve applications to establish and maintain Trust, Representative Payee, Power of Attorney, Organization/Public Unit, VUTMA and other like accounts. Consult with Legal and Compliance departments when necessary.
- Respond to a high volume of PenFed member emails regarding share and loan products and accounts, ensuring quality member service. Utilize effective business writing to resolve inquiries with the utmost professionalism and member care.
- As product and system knowledge experts, answer MSR telephone inquiries regarding PenFed share and loan products and accounts, expedite all calls and ensure quality member service.
- Provide training and guidance to peers, MSRs, BSRs and other PenFed staff related to a variety of topics.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge and experience to look for opportunities to recommend changes that will streamline processes, improve efficiency and push the business forward.
- Provide technical support to members using, PenFed Online, Mobile, and NetMember. Seek assistance from IT when necessary.
- Perform user acceptance testing for new or modified software changes by executing test scripts and applying knowledge of current business processes to ensure business requirements are met.
- Review credit reports related to membership and deposit accounts to determine eligibility.
- Prepare formal letters related to member accounts.
- Cancel and replace checks as required and maintain safekeeping of negotiable instruments.
- Maintain current working knowledge in all areas of PenFed products, services, policies procedures and loan and share processing.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ of experience in a call center or related position is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Technical proficiency in standard business computer operations.
- Knowledge of financial institution structure, products, policies and procedures preferred.
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-495-7921 OR 531-444-8329.