VRC Investigations is currently expanding our Research Assistants Unit within our HOSPITAL CANVASS.COM division. Veracity Research Co. Investigations (VRC), is one of the nation’s leading and most experienced investigation companies.
HOSPITALCANVASS.COM, serves the insurance industry as a leading national service provider in researching and locating information regarding a claimant’s medical history. We currently have career opportunities for experienced, self-determined, and highly motivated individuals that would like to join our team of professionals in our efforts to deter and combat insurance fraud.
VRC’s Research Assistants are hourly, non-exempt positions. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the day-to-day insurance fraud defense investigations and operational needs for multi-state regions. As a key member of the VRC team, the research assistant will assist in all facets of the company by completing or updating information and reports pertaining to fraud detection. The research assistant will complete tasks with other team members under management supervision. All team members must have excellent computer skills, display good phone etiquette, be able to multi-task, and problem solve.
Essential Job Duties:
Our research assistants provide superior customer service to our clients by delivering a quality product to our clients. Team members will be expected to complete the following:
* Set up canvass files by located facilities within a geographical range of a provided area
* Contact these facilities to determine the claimant’s medical history
*Track and report all information received
* Format and edit canvass reports
*Assist in ensuring canvasses are completed on time
*Assist other team members in daily functions.
*May be required to answer the phone.
Requirements and Qualifications:
*Be highly motivated and possess the ability to work under little supervision
* Demonstrate ability to effectively manage time, organize multiple projects, and understand directives
* Ability to type at least 45 WPM.
* Previous experience in insurance claims handling or HIPAA is a plus.
* Ability to read, decipher and summarize information quickly.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
* A professional and friendly demeanor, especially regarding phone etiquette
* A valid driver's license is required.
* Must pass a drug test and pre-employment testing
* Upon hiring you must proficiently learn and utilize all electronic tools as required within the scope of this position to include the company's IMS case tracking system.
VRC offers medical, dental, disability benefits, as well as paid vacation, and a 401K/Profit Sharing retirement plan.
VRC full time employees are paid on a bi-weekly basis at an hourly wage to commensurate with experience.
For more information and to apply online, please visit our web site located at www.vrcinvestigations.com.